Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. amf
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    WTF, I went back to that other site and my comment was gone and smiley's has been changed! Talk about impartial moderation!
    Yeah... Very disconcerting..
    Jeff

Thank you for clearing that up.
    Its actually worse than we ever knew.
    I feel bad for making light of the situation now.

THAT is as low as it gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    Jeff

Thank you for clearing that up.
    Its actually worse than we ever knew.
    I feel bad for making light of the situation now.

THAT is as low as it gets.
    Now my friend VolBoost is a "BootLeg!" Since you asked what a Boot what is....
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    Now my friend VolBoost is a "BootLeg!" Since you asked what a Boot what is....
    Completely stolen and copied...
    I would say that is the epitome of a "bootleg"

Toysoft could at least have the consideration of selling that crap somewhere on a street corner...
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Jeff: you rock, good deads will pay off !

smiley88: go fix your current software then release some new stuff, and oh yeah please don't ever post here again or a quick response post with 'the truth' will instantly result...
    Sprint 700p
  6. amf
    Our "smiley" posted a rebuttal at the other site:
    http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,25829.msg212482.html#msg212482

Oh my! The nerve.
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 12/17/2005 at 12:27 PM. Reason: edited link for specificity...
    My Goodness. After reading all this I cant stand this company more than ever. There programs always reset my treo and they never respond to my emails.No Refunds .Anyone who buys a program from them is asking for trouble. ANd the other poster was right . The Nerve of this guy. I thought he couldnt top himself when he registered a a user saying how great his applications ( think he was suspended for it) were but this takes the cake.
    First class fool.
  8.    #48  
    these are the reponses i thought would come, i just had to get the ball rollin
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Well I am voting with my pocket. Given the improved volume with recent firmware upgrade for Cingular/PALM, I was undecided if I should buy VolumeCare or not. After reading this, I feel obligated to support Jeff and VolumeCare. Jeff - You got one more customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    I thought he couldnt top himself when he registered a a user saying how great his applications ( think he was suspended for it) were but this takes the cake.
    First class fool.
    Over on MyTreo he said he no longer uses TC, he forgot to add that he had been banned

MyTreo has suffered a set back over this tonight. They have changed posts to remove what Toysoft said, and he has locked a thread on the matter.

MyTreo need to put out a statement over this quick, or they will lose some friends.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Over on MyTreo he said he no longer uses TC, he forgot to add that he had been banned

MyTreo has suffered a set back over this tonight. They have changed posts to remove what Toysoft said, and he has locked a thread on the matter.

MyTreo need to put out a statement over this quick, or they will lose some friends.
    I think it was very entertaining to see all the mods posting in that thread. Very unbiased....NOT. They covered up for him and defended him. Now he closes the thread so nobody else can call him a loser? Too funny.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    If i remember correctly . Toysoft was there featured application developer a year ago . I never went back to mytreo.net after I saw that. They got hammered for it, There were post at the time about how bad they were.
    MyTreo.net has always protected this developer. Ridiculous.

They had an interview with them.
    http://mytreo.net/archives/2005/02/i...oysoft_inc.php

Made them a associated developer
    http://mytreo.net/archives/2005/08/m..._developer.php
    If you want a laugh, look at the number of downloads for Keyguardtime+ (about 12,000) and then look at the Toysoft version (about 137)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    All,

Here is the truth behind the product. No emotion and no biass. Also let me say that competition is a good thing but cooporation is a better thing.

On that note here is the story:

I got a call from ToySoft on November 21st asking if I would be interested in integrating my applications with Toysoft applications. He said there are many of our common users asking for this. I told him absolutely YES. We exchanged ideas and talked about the issues and problems we face in developement on the 650's. We even talked at a high level about the architecture of VolumeCare. I shared information and product license keys with him as I would any other 3rd party developer looking for a good faith partnership. He said *nothing* to me about developing a competitive product to VolumeCare but rather befreinded me into what I can only assume was a competitive fact finding mission. Then earlier this week he releases VolBooster. The math does not work out. He knew about VolBooster well before the call to me. I have written emails to him asking for a conversation. None have been responded to.

So that is the full story behind this product.

But on the positive side, this week I worked hand in hand with 2 great developers to improve the following Treo offerings:

Butler now plays well with the new release of VolumeCare!
    CallFilter and ProfileCare are now integrated!

So to end this post on a positive note, the Treo community will see very good things from the core of 3rd party developers that truly care about delivering quality products. We will continue to complement each others work and if we do compete, it will be first communicated and it will be done in a professional manner.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by JayL
    Jeff: you rock, good deads will pay off !
    I tried a previous version of Volumecare a few months ago and was having problems with echoing on the phone. I decided to try an updated version about a week ago and so far, I have been having good luck with it. People can hear me clearer using the Treo with the speakerphone. I like developers who are constantly making their products better and working hard to work out the bugs in them.

I will be purchasing Volumecare, especially since Jeff monitors this board and is willing to work on peoples problems when they arise. Here's one more soon to be customer.
    Quote Toysoft over on MyTreo

Dec 17, 2005 At this time we have removed VolBooster from mytreo store and will be releasing a new version with new features in the coming weeks. We apology to mytreo.net and mytreo.net memebers.
    Whats a Memebers ??? . Yeah I can take a developer seriously when they cant spell. Thats very Professional .

This review from Mytreo is hilarious.

I've had software that looks and works like this for months. I believe it's called Volume Care. Maybe next they can come up with an original program that does true push email. Maybe they could call it ChattyMail.
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-919.html
    Well it looks like Smiley got the message.

Could someone please explain some of the comments made in the thread at MTDN? I'm frankly very surprised at the negative comments made towards people posting their feelings on Toysoft's behavior. I mean for a moderator to actually come to the defense of Toysoft. And for the same person to take a dig at Treo Central when this has absolutely nothing to do with this site is even harder to understand. Yes, I missed the whole saga between T.C. and MTDN but whatever!
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm
    Whats a Memebers ??? . Yeah I can take a developer seriously when they cant spell. Thats very Professional .

This review from Mytreo is hilarious.

I've had software that looks and works like this for months. I believe it's called Volume Care. Maybe next they can come up with an original program that does true push email. Maybe they could call it ChattyMail.
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-919.html
    Thanks. I knew Jeff would never stoop as low as David Wong so I thought I would do it for him. I've got nothing to lose except maybe MTDN kudos.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Well it looks like Smiley got the message.

Could someone please explain some of the comments made in the thread at MTDN? I'm frankly very surprised at the negative comments made towards people posting their feelings on Toysoft's behavior. I mean for a moderator to actually come to the defense of Toysoft. And for the same person to take a dig at Treo Central when this has absolutely nothing to do with this site is even harder to understand. Yes, I missed the whole saga between T.C. and MTDN but whatever!
    I agree. I can't for the life of me see why the would defend such behavior. Maybe because he said he was sorry.LOL Hey MTDN, if I made anybody mad with my posts...I'm Sorry!
    This thread should be stickied to serve as a warning to anyone considering spending money on ToySoft's apps.

How MTDN can support him (even if only offering a platform for him to peddle his products) is beyond me.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast