Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I tried to pair my Treo 650 with my new BMW and the phone went nuts. Turns out Treo and BMW are not yet compatable. Sprint released a patch for their version of the 650 but I use Verizon. Does anybody know if palm will fix this problem? Does anybody have a work-around for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by freeman949
    I tried to pair my Treo 650 with my new BMW and the phone went nuts. Turns out Treo and BMW are not yet compatable. Sprint released a patch for their version of the 650 but I use Verizon. Does anybody know if palm will fix this problem? Does anybody have a work-around for this?
    I've seen a few BMW posts here. Do a search on Verizon & BMW. This is just one of the ones you'll find.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    I have a new BMW as well (650i) and my Treo (Verizon) works great. It will only transfer the favorites, which to me makes perfect sense.

Your problem is that you likely have "extra" digits after the phone numbers in your favorites. (in the "extra digits" section when setting up favorites) Remove those and you should have no problems.

It also wouldn't hurt if your Treo was at the latest version. See palm.com, I believe it is 1.04
    I have a Sprint 650 and a 2006 BMW 325i. I have had no problem with the pairing or the BT system at all. I just followed the instructions that came with the car and it worked
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    The Sprint treo 650 was just added to BMW's list of approved phones however none of the other versions have been approved by BMW. If any of you have a Sprint treo 650 and are having problems then you can contact your BMW center and they will offer you tech support, people with 650's from other networks will find that BMW is not very helpful at all. For a current list of BMW approved Bluetooth devices go to http://www.bmwusa.com/NR/rdonlyres/6...oth_phones.pdf

For other information or if that link doesnt work visit www.bmwusa.com/bluetooth

Also for you people having issues I would highly recommend you browse the BMW forums at www.roadfly.org they have a huge following and I have seen a large number of posts concerning bluetooth.

Good luck,
    DT