Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I've seen various posts on this, but haven't been able to resolve my problem. We're in the process of switching over to Comcast HS instead of AOL. (I know many bash AOL, but I've found I like it. I have the AOL for Treo app on my 650, and it works for me.) I use Versamail to get my work POP3 email. I'm trying to configure Versamail to get my Comcast mail, and I can't connect to the server. I have the $5.99 T Mobile Web plan, proxy set at 216.155.165.50 on port 8080. I used the preset Comcast configurations: smtp.comcast.net and pop.comcast.net on port 995 and 25. Help please!

Thanks! Erin
    Treo 650 & T-Mobile
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I guess I figured out one option, I can set Comcast to forward to my Yahoo address, then check Yahoo Mail thru Blazer on my Treo.... Rats, can't view attachments in Yahoo. Would love to figure out how to get Comcast email on Versamail!
    Last edited by jekswang; 12/16/2005 at 05:00 PM.
    Treo 650 & T-Mobile
    Are you able to connect to either the pop or smtp servers, or won't it work for either?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Problem seems to be with receiving. Can send ok, but when I try "get", says "connecting to mail server", then eventually times out.
    But, I can receive ok if I switch to my SE T610, it automatically configured the mail box/servers when I input my comcast address. So I checked on those settings, it uses myemail.t-mobile.com for the pop3 and smtp servers. Maybe I will try that for the pop3 address.

Quote Originally Posted by swilson
    Are you able to connect to either the pop or smtp servers, or won't it work for either?
    Treo 650 & T-Mobile
    jekswang:

I use comcast with success. Do you have the Incoming (POP3) server set to "mail.comcast.net"?