1.    #1  
    Help! I Just purchased the G2350S Gps cradle from Seidio. I already had the TomTom blue-tooth GPS and TomTom software which are fantastic, but I wanted to use my Treo Blue-tooth headset. It came in this week. When I put my treo in the cradle and tried to connect using the Nema other setting it wouldn't see the GPS. I then reset the Treo and it connected and worked great, although it happend one more time and again a reset resolved it.

I then tried to us my Blue-tooth headset and it looked OK until I received or made a phone call. It would then switch back to the phone. If I tried to put it on speaker phone it would automatically switch back. If I grabbed the phone out of the cradle then sometimes I could answer the call and other times they could hear me but I couldn't hear them. I would continue having problems even outside the cradle until I did a reset. I even did a cold restart and put the phone in the cradle with out any software and I still had the problem.

I have sent two email to Seidio with no response.

Anybody have a suggestion.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wabans
    Help! I Just purchased the G2350S Gps cradle from Seidio. I already had the TomTom blue-tooth GPS and TomTom software which are fantastic, but I wanted to use my Treo Blue-tooth headset. It came in this week. When I put my treo in the cradle and tried to connect using the Nema other setting it wouldn't see the GPS. I then reset the Treo and it connected and worked great, although it happend one more time and again a reset resolved it.

I then tried to us my Blue-tooth headset and it looked OK until I received or made a phone call. It would then switch back to the phone. If I tried to put it on speaker phone it would automatically switch back. If I grabbed the phone out of the cradle then sometimes I could answer the call and other times they could hear me but I couldn't hear them. I would continue having problems even outside the cradle until I did a reset. I even did a cold restart and put the phone in the cradle with out any software and I still had the problem.

I have sent two email to Seidio with no response.

Anybody have a suggestion.

Thanks
    Please call kevin at Seidio

832-204-1114

David Chang
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Kevin, A hard reset with just TomTom loaded worked. I then reloaded using Backup Buddy and deleted programs one by one and still had the problem. I will try a hard reset and load one at a time and see what happens.
    wabans

That is why I use a GPS wired receiver in the car with my BT carkit for calls. This way even when you have received a call, as tom tom restarts, I still get visual directions.

Zero out resets always seem to fix my problems.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the reply, I think I finally got it. I had to delete my user profile and add it back. It was strange, if did a cold reset and didn't add any programs and resynced with the PC with the backup directory deleted it still caused problems anytime I put it in the cradle.

Now I have all my programs loaded and it works great. It is now working as advertised. I can now use my BlueTooth headset and use the GPS. Thanks Seidio.
    MikeProcter, the G2350S is a wired receiver. The receiver is built into the cradle.

wabans - I am having the same exact problem. What user profile did you have to delete and add back?
    A hard reset made everything work. So it had to be application or setting specific. After installing applications one by one and no problems, I starting customizing settings one by one. I found it!

Turning beam receive to OFF causes the problem.

Seidio, any idea why?
  8.    #8  
    Sorry it took so long to reply. It was my main user profile. A hard reset didn't cure my problem. I had to rename my old profile and reload everything from scratch using a new profile. I used the same name for the profile so all my software activation remained the same. I am still having an intermittent reset problem, by this I mean while using the cradle and TomTom my Treo will reset on it's own mostly after receiving a phone call.
    I found the culprit. If I turned Beam-Receiv to "off", it wouldn't work. I told Seidio this an got a pretty lame response saying thank you and they will look into it.
    Same problem with mine. But I turned on the "beam receive" and even did a hard reset and still the TomTom software says "No GPS device". It worked with my bluetooth receiver (until that died) but not with the Sedio. I think I'll send it back since it doesn't work.