1.    #1  
    is there any software or setting that i can use to lock the ringer volume? i always seem to change the ringer volume without realizing it. and most of the time the ringer is changed to silent...
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsondr
    is there any software or setting that i can use to lock the ringer volume? i always seem to change the ringer volume without realizing it. and most of the time the ringer is changed to silent...
    This one took me a while to get. I re-read the manual, (Cingular T650) and discovered that you need to use the rocker switch to select a volume. Once you do that you then need to press the side hardware button to lock your choice in.
    I downloaded a program called "Central" from Bluefish that allows you to remap the side buttons. I've got mine set to scroll up/down in all apps except for phone, where it still handles volume. Very nice. Makes ebooks & web a lot easier to navigate.

It has a few other useful features (minutes tracker, extra alarms, etc) that I don't need. It is shareware but the rocker button function and a few other tools do not require registration.
    The URL for the Central program is http://bluefishwireless.com/products...l_for_Treo.htm
    HP Pre 3 (UK)