Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. mlarsen23's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
       #1  
    I just wanted to warn everyone, if you were thinking of purchasing a Seidio cradle to use to play mp3s in your car, be aware that the line out from the cradles do not emit stereo music. It's all in mono. If it wasn't for that, it would be the ideal cradle. As it is, it's going back.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlarsen23
    I just wanted to warn everyone, if you were thinking of purchasing a Seidio cradle to use to play mp3s in your car, be aware that the line out from the cradles do not emit stereo music. It's all in mono. If it wasn't for that, it would be the ideal cradle. As it is, it's going back.
    Seidio will release a new car kit G4100 next week which does not have built in speaker, but the audio out is a true stereo. This car kit is designed specific for in the car application (use your car stereo). This one will work for you. It also comes with high end external microphone.

    David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
  3. mlarsen23's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
       #3  
    It is indeed the G4500 or G4500M.

    I tried multiple 2.5mm to 3.5mm converters, from Seidio and elsewhere, none of them made it stereo. I emailed Seidio, and they told me that they do not have a stereo line out cradle, and that the G4500 only comes in mono. I guess maybe the G4850 could have stereo, although that seems to contradict the information I got from Seidio. The comment from Mr. Chang below seems to confirm that they do not have a stereo cradle at present, although I am encouraged that they will have one soon.

    I guess you are just lucky.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    I must be really lucky because both my G4850 and older G2500M (which the G4500 replaced) are stereo. I still think the G4500 is stereo (but I dont have one to confirm and my assumption could be wrong). I'll confirm with David just to make sure.
    Maybe you are just getting the same mono sound from both channels and there isn't true stereo separation. I too have the G4850 and thought it was stereo, but maybe not. If not, I'm a bit miffed about it. There has been no mention from any of Seidio's advertisments that the output wasn't stereo. Again, I get sound from both stereo speakers but I haven't confirmed that it is really stereo sound. I'm using mine in a 2003 Honda Element which has an aux. input to the stereo.
  5. #5  
    sorry mlarsen, you are right ...I just checked on mine (using an mp3 file I found that plays a tone on the left then on the right) and confirmed it is combined (ie mono)..I guess I'm not lucky, just going deaf (the quality is good...just not distinct channels). My assumption is they had to do something to merge the L/R to play out the single speaker on the cradle and then just provide an output of that. With the G4100 not having a speaker they dont have to worry about that...
  6. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Seidio will release a new car kit G4100 next week which does not have built in speaker, but the audio out is a true stereo. This car kit is designed specific for in the car application (use your car stereo). This one will work for you. It also comes with high end external microphone.

    David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Any update?
  7. #7  
    checkout www.seidioonline.com

    I think they released the G4100 series back in late dec/early Jan and you can buy it online
  8. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    checkout www.seidioonline.com

    I think they released the G4100 series back in late dec/early Jan and you can buy it online
    Yep, that would be the problem. I was going to www.seidio.com and not the one you posted.

Posting Permissions