Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    So from time to time, my treo will blank screen with the words "Please Wait" in a prompt box for maybe a minute or two.

This comes from just idling, no movement, with signal, and no apps running. I'm not even touching the darn thing.

Only things I've installed (new phone) is directory assistant, bejeweled 2, and zap 2016. and i use a SD card (mainly photos).

Anyone else have this problem? Its very vague, so i'm just fishing.... maybe i have a bad phone?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Do a hard reset, and see if the device does it without any apps. If it does, bad unit. Shouldn't be waiting for anything without an application loading something.
    I suspect Directory Assistant. Bejweeld and Zap! have no internet connection activity - I suspect Directory Assistant of trying (unsuccessfully) to get a connection.

Anyway, the Hard Resest and see what happens approach is probably best.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    I suspect Directory Assistant. Bejweeld and Zap! have no internet connection activity - I suspect Directory Assistant of trying (unsuccessfully) to get a connection.

Anyway, the Hard Resest and see what happens approach is probably best.
    define 'hard reset'...

1.04-SPNT
    Hold the red phone button down while you do a soft reset (stylus tip in the reset hole underneath the battery cover).... make sure you hotsynced first before doing this so you can recover your data!

It's not directory assistant, since that only connects to the internet when you ask it to, it doesn't do it on its own.

How's your signal strength generally? Maybe it's switching towers? When you see that notification what is the status of the LED (blinking green, orange, something else?)

Is versamail set up to fetch email on a scheduled basis?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Hold the red phone button down while you do a soft reset (stylus tip in the reset hole underneath the battery cover).... make sure you hotsynced first before doing this so you can recover your data!

It's not directory assistant, since that only connects to the internet when you ask it to, it doesn't do it on its own.

How's your signal strength generally? Maybe it's switching towers? When you see that notification what is the status of the LED (blinking green, orange, something else?)

Is versamail set up to fetch email on a scheduled basis?
    signal is good. i turned the blinking green off to save battery. i'll report when it happens again. kinda weird, right?
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    ok, i said i would report if it happened again. i was playing bejeweled2 in bed (where i always have good signal) and it gave me a 'please wait' screen for about 15, 20 seeconds. in fact, i can tell you what the please wait screen looks like. if you were to
    1. go into your camera,
    2. click into your gallery by touching the thumbnail icon
    3. touch any picture u have in the gallery.

The split second while the photo is loading, it says 'please wait'.

That's the screen i see for 15-30 seconds. when it disappears, it just goes back into the active game, as if nothing happened (versus reloading the entire game).

thoughts?
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    humble bump
    1.04-SPNT
    Was your data connection active or inactive before this occurred? and after?

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    doh! again! and i wasnt even using the damn thing. hmmmmm. something is running in the background, and i dont know waht. is there a way to see a log of apps being run? like a ;hijack this' or some sort of task manager?

data connection inactive. i only turn it on manually by initiaiting two apps - blazer and verichat. both of which were not in use at the time. in fact the only reason i knew is b/c the screen was off and then it popped on with that message.

grrrrrrr
    1.04-SPNT
    My guess is verichat. Is it set for always on (or something like that)?

Try disabling it completely or temporarily deleting it and see if the issue goes away

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    yeah, i'm thinking verichat too.... anyone else have this problem?
    1.04-SPNT
    I see it occasionally, but not as regularly as you seem to. I do have both Directory Assistant and Verichat (2.89b) installed. I have recently changed Verichat from data to SMS always-on mode, as I was having a real problem with Verichat seeming to want to restart GPRS so quickly and reattempt it's connections that, eventually, the phone would require a reset just to get GPRS up. With SMS, I am noticing things are much more stable.