Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm on Sprint 650, and have given up on using Versamail with Gmail... it works for a while after resetting, dleting files, etc, then goes bad again...

Anyway, I was trying to use Gmail with Blazer, and found that most functions do not work, especially sending email.....I can read and reply but nothing reallly gets sent.

Gmail Tells me javascript is disabled even though I have it enabled... I have tried a coupe other sites like gmailwireless or whatever, but can anyone give a definitive list of possibilities that work for Gmail-- a numbered list by what works best??

thanks much!
    clark
  2.    #2  
    By the way, the ridiculous workaround I'm using is Blazer to read mail and Versamail (sprint account) to send mail....

Ideally I'd like to access gmail in blazer with javascript working so everything works...

cheers
    clark
    Yes, google has done it again! It works so perfect on the Treo too. Go to: www.m.gmail.com
    Sign in, check your mail, reply, erase all with the simple use of your Treo's numbered keys! Try it out.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Sorry on your Treo: http://m.gmail.com

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    To me, there's something absurd about all of this. Is the idea that people with Yahoo, Gmail, Exchange, and, say, fastmail accounts should use four different email programs to access them? This strikes me as exactly the opposite of progress.

Marc
    Fixed! Go to: http://m.gmail.com on your Blazer (Treo) No more headaches......

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter
    To me, there's something absurd about all of this. Is the idea that people with Yahoo, Gmail, Exchange, and, say, fastmail accounts should use four different email programs to access them? This strikes me as exactly the opposite of progress.

Marc
    Well it's a great alternative for me: When travelling to the US, I don't have my unlimited wireless data plan just a TMoToGo SIM with which I can use blazer through the right proxy to browse and get my emails. Otherwise, I need to find a WiFi hotspot and use my T3 and WiFi card...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C

Marc
    What if they only use gmail? Or have a simple phone with a WAP browser?

I peeped at it today, didn't see how complete it is, but it could be useful. I've gone into the full gmail interface in Blazer before, and I'm sure this has to be better than doing that.

Don't use gmail much since I started using imap at home though.
    I think it's not quite useful ... I'm using Gmail for very high traffic mailing lists since it's feature that can automagicaly put and classify email into conversations that makes me easier to read very long tread. In this case I don't think reading it with a tiny web interface is a good choice.
    I'm all for access to my GMail, but how exactly is this better than pulling my mail through Versamail? I suppose being able to instantly archive/delete emails I've read (not having to delete them twice) is good, but then again I have to open Blazer and log in whereas Versa gives me pull email at my chosen intervals. Not sure this helps much. Anyone have a pro/con thought on Gmobile v. VersaG?
    Is there any way to delete a message without opening it? The spam filter is not perfect.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    <merged>
    I use gmail as my archive account, forwarded from my more active email accounts. It's nice to now be able to search my archives a bit easier. I still would not replace a dedicated email program like Chatter and my IMAP account though....
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

Marc
    I dont think it is the opposite of progress because it simply means that people who have Gmail accounts and dont want to use versamail or buy either Chatter or Snappermail can retrieve, send emails by simply going to the gmail website. I believe it's an alternative for people that dont want to spend the $30+ for third party email programs.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Quote Originally Posted by hova
    I dont think it is the opposite of progress because it simply means that people who have Gmail accounts and dont want to use versamail or buy either Chatter or Snappermail can retrieve, send emails by simply going to the gmail website. I believe it's an alternative for people that dont want to spend the $30+ for third party email programs.
    Exactly. The e-mail that I need to get comes through my Gmail account. I give them points for including POP for free, where Yahoo doesn't. Unfortunately Gmail's pop access doesn't work well with Versamail, because you get alerted to messages that you send.

I'm not going to send money on a third party e-mail program for the 3 times a month I use it, so this is great. If there are better free alternatives, let me know, because VersaMail isn't ideal for me (due to the sent mail issue).
    Trying to signup for Gmail and have set up my Google Account.
    I try to log into Gmail and am denied access saying it's restrictive but my account lists it as a service.
    Do you need a special invite to access it?
    The new mobile interface is nice, I guess, but since I do POP gmail with Chatter, my only reason for really going to gmail in Blazer is to perform a search, and as of yet I haven't seen that as an option in the mobile version, so it's still 'standard html' for me, which while it is nice to have, can be a pita when all I want to do is search for something...
    Ok... recieved an invitation and set up an account.
    Question me this.... can you access other POP mail accounts through Gmail?
    If not.... answer me this... doesn't this make Gmail just another email account like Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.?
    I like the new mobile version of Gmail.

Even though I have Snappermail, and can download photos and attachments directly to the SD card, I would rather use the space for movies, music, and applications instead. It's nice to be able to just keep the important emails that I need immediate access to on the card and use Gmail mobile for the photos and archived messages.

Quote Originally Posted by bananachunks
    my only reason for really going to gmail in Blazer is to perform a search, and as of yet I haven't seen that as an option in the mobile version
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but there is a search feature at the bottom of Gmail mobile.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast