1.    #1  
    Ack, help! I had an old version (1.4) of KMaps installed, went to upgrade to 1.6.5, and now I'm getting all kinds of java.io.IOException and java.lang.NullPointerException errors. I followed the instructions on the upgrade, deleting my old version before reinstalling.

After that didn't work, I deleted all my KMaps files, as well as the entire Java suite. I reinstalled Java, ran the IBM Java package to make sure everything looked ok, and then reinstalled all 3 .prc files for KMaps, and I get the same errors.

I start getting the above errors usually after loading a few screen modules as I am walking around a map (maybe after the 3rd or 4th one?). Or, when I typed in a zip code and "pizza" for where, the screen just turned white for a few minutes until I hit the Phone button to exit.

I've tried a soft reset to no avail... any ideas??

Thanks!
    I get this too. I would get this when your internet connection gets interrupted. I get out of the application and get back in, then its fine.
    Got these errors for the first time today. As ronbo says, just exit and restart kmaps. Handling this situation in a more elegant way is definitely an opportunity for improvement...
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Perhaps the developer can add a "reset connection" menu item similar to what Marc made available in Chatteremail?
    it says "Oops! javax.microedition.rms.invalidRecordIDException: freezes..requires soft reset..what to do?
    Running an Unlocked Cingular Palm Treo 650 with an AT&T Sim
    *1GB SanDisk SD Card

<mreged>
    I get this one too. Not much to do except soft reset.

Read this other thread too: Kmaps error