1.    #1  
    I know BB Connect is going to have push e-mail, but will you be able to invite people to meetings using calendar? I know I can wireless sync calendar like Activesync but being able to invite people to meetings like on a BB would be great. If not, other then push and corp. address look up I do not see what all the fuss is about since Activesync works fine.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    as I understand it, you will be able to do invites.

the fuss is that if your company supports BB only, Activesync is useless - this is the situation I am in...
  3.    #3  
    My IT shop supports both sicne Activesync works perfectly after the 1.17 update. If I will be able to do calendar invites then I may send back this 8700c BB I have. The thing works great but the Bluetooth crackles pretty bad.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    as I understand it, you will be able to do invites.

the fuss is that if your company supports BB only, Activesync is useless - this is the situation I am in...
    I watched the webinar last night on BB Connect and even though it talked about calendar sync it did not indicate the ability to invite people to events. Is there something you read that leads you to believe in the invite portion of calendar?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I thought I saw it in some of the screen shots somewhere - I could be mistaken, though...
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    ...get an assistant and keep the Treo
  7. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    I'd like to know that too.

I'd also like to know if there's been a definitive answer on whether the Blackberry Web Client will be supported for the Treo. From what I've heard (regarding devices from other companies, i.e. Nokia, Sony Ericsson, that support BB Connect) it's a "some do, some don't" kind of thing.

That's one of the main benefits, IMO, that solo users and small businesses get now with a Blackberry. (For anyone who doesn't know, Blackberry Web Client is what sets up the email for these users. It's simple, too; I think all it needs is the email address and password and it gets the server info from there) So, in the "best of both worlds" scenario that BB Connect for the Treo is supposed to be, I'd really like to see it support this, and I think it's actually in RIM's interest. From what I understand, they're not looking to be a hardware manufacturer long-term.
    Thought this was an interesting read for you folks considering BB connect for Palm (whenever it becomes available)

http://www.zdnetindia.com/news/commu...es/131700.html
    On the heels of Gartner warning against further deployment of Blackberry...
    http://news.com.com/Gartners+advice+...3-5985408.html
    I doubt Blackberry connect is a major priority of RIM.

I have really been looking forward to this, as our IT department only supports the RIM solution and I hate Blackberries. Oh well, I have pondered forwarding my email to a Chatter IMAP account, even though this is not the most secure solution.