Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1.    #1  
    Agendus 10.04 notifications went out tonight - hold off until I post back on downloading. We caught something and it's going to be fixed later tonight or early AM so I'll advise.

    We had been testing it for 3 days and one thing nobody checked sneaked through and I caught it after the fact.....too busy during the Holiday season.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  2. #2  
    How about letting some BETA TESTERS test it..

    I know this isn't your decision. But there are many people willing to beta test releases and Agendus doesn't want to do it. So they beta test on their entire customer base. Yeah, that's so much better.
  3. jorang's Avatar
    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    #3  
    You can of course DL the new version for testing yourselves at www.iambic.com. It is already available for DL, and I have installed it.

    It was not found by the "check for update" functionality in Agendus. A bit weird if you ask me..
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
  4. vregan's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    We had been testing it for 3 days and one thing nobody checked sneaked through.....
    This surprises no one--we are talking Iambic--King of the "pay for beta software" business model.
  5.    #5  
    10.04 is now ready.

    It was not found by the "check for update" functionality in Agendus. A bit weird if you ask me..
    The wireless check of the update is typically not "notified" for a couple of days after a point release. It's a decision that Iambic made because they do send out email notices to all registered users of point releases that are registered at Iambic.

    How about letting some BETA TESTERS test it..

    I know this isn't your decision. But there are many people willing to beta test releases and Agendus doesn't want to do it. So they beta test on their entire customer base. Yeah, that's so much better
    khaytsus, thanks for realizing it's not my decision. I will tell you this much. We had 10.04 for about 2 days and the problem was just not caught because it had never reared it's head ever before. I actually caught it about 4 minutes after the public announcement (5:00PM) went out. Immediately informed them via our channels and Adriano and the staff stayed up fixing it with a release at 11:55PM.

    Now I can tell you that I don't "work" for Iambic but I am one of about 15 Iambic Forum Team members that were testing it. I agree with Iambic not to have too many testers on point releases and here's why: It's a daunting task keeping track of what the IFTM funnel to the developers.

    Public Beta testing of v10 was done. It's not done on the point releases. If you go over to the Iambic Forums and look at the posts - you'll see a ton of them where the IFTM are asking the users to please post specifics about what device, what carrier etc. Items that are necessary for the developers to have prior to checking out a bug or an alledged bug. If that were opened up to the entire public then I think it would be out of control.

    It got out with a somewhat serious bug - and in less than 8 hours it was fixed. The system isn't perfect - it has gotten better - and remember I don't work for Iambic.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  6. jorang's Avatar
    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    #6  
    RSGMOOSE

    I see that the screen issue in split window is not yet fixed - even if this is the 4th fix in version 10.

    Pls look at the attached images...

    This problem vas introduced in version 10, and I have an unlocked GSM.

    (you may want me to post these in the iambic forums, but I would not. I have given up posting without being answered in your support forums... )

    Plz answer me here at TC, and it would be nice if you could make sure a bugfix is addressed...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
  7.    #7  
    Which version are you running, localized?
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  8. jorang's Avatar
    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    #8  
    I'm running 10.04 - at the present. English version of Agendus Pro...

    The screen select issue has been there ever since v10.00
    ______________________
    Edit:
    I should add how this issue appears.

    1. Move select from "new button" ti split screen window using Dpad up
    (either once - selecting ToDo part of the screen, or twice - selecting appointment part of the screen)
    2. Start scrolling days using Dpad right or left

    Hope this would help
    Last edited by jorang; 12/16/2005 at 08:57 AM.
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
  9. #9  
    Does anybody know if it is possible to get trips to show up with the airplane icon in the calendar view that shows icons? I would like to be able to take a quick glance at my calendar and see when I am flying but that does not seem to work unless I schedule a seperate meeting for the flight and assign the airplane icon.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    I'm running 10.04 - at the present. English version of Agendus Pro...

    The screen select issue has been there ever since v10.00
    ______________________
    Edit:
    I should add how this issue appears.

    1. Move select from "new button" ti split screen window using Dpad up
    (either once - selecting ToDo part of the screen, or twice - selecting appointment part of the screen)
    2. Start scrolling days using Dpad right or left

    Hope this would help
    Not what you want to hear but it's not doing that on my 650. However, let me set the configuration with the European "handles" like you have set and see if I can duplicate. Was this ever reported at Iambic?

    Jorang - I understand your frustration with the forum and I'm willing to continue here - but it would be much more efficient if we were at Iambic so that the engineers could see this. You can always give me a Private Message over there if you want something looked at.
    Last edited by RSGMOOSE; 12/16/2005 at 09:14 AM.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by neotope
    Does anybody know if it is possible to get trips to show up with the airplane icon in the calendar view that shows icons? I would like to be able to take a quick glance at my calendar and see when I am flying but that does not seem to work unless I schedule a seperate meeting for the flight and assign the airplane icon.
    No - this has not changed. It is a feature request that should be implemented in a major release.

    The initial structure of Trips is a separate database with 3 default icons. These icons as you noted will not carry over to the datebook database. the event does just not the icon. You can assign a meeting category and appropriate icon which of course will show in the calendar and then assign it to a Trip for it to show in that view.

    This trips design will not change until the next major release. I know that's not what you wanted but v10 introduced trips and these will have to be enhanced later.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    No - this has not changed. It is a feature request that should be implemented in a major release.

    The initial structure of Trips is a separate database with 3 default icons. These icons as you noted will not carry over to the datebook database. the event does just not the icon. You can assign a meeting category and appropriate icon which of course will show in the calendar and then assign it to a Trip for it to show in that view.

    This trips design will not change until the next major release. I know that's not what you wanted but v10 introduced trips and these will have to be enhanced later.
    Thanks for the response! I think I'll keep using meetings for trips until the trip feature is a bit more enhanced.
  13.    #13  
    Here's how I do it just to share.

    Create a trip with the appropriate dates.
    Create a meeting with the appropriate contact etc - then while still in the edit mode for meeting - tap on the trips icon(the little airplane) and assign it to that trip. I continue on this vein for flights, hotels and rental cars.

    Then I can see that everything is done in the trips view.

    What has been requested is to keep this same basic functionality, allow the icon's to wash over from a detail created in Trip's view and also allow picking from the contacts instead of an assigned database of Airlines, Rental agencies and hotels.

    It's functional at the moment but can be enhanced to make it even more so and it will.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    I'm running 10.04 - at the present. English version of Agendus Pro...

    The screen select issue has been there ever since v10.00
    ______________________
    Edit:
    I should add how this issue appears.

    1. Move select from "new button" ti split screen window using Dpad up
    (either once - selecting ToDo part of the screen, or twice - selecting appointment part of the screen)
    2. Start scrolling days using Dpad right or left

    Hope this would help
    I set the Palm preferences to Norway and followed your exact steps and this issue is not occurring in 10.04 on my Treo. I still have 10.03 on my T5 and can not get it to do it on that as well.

    This doesn't mean that it's not valid though so let me ask some more questions:

    My first suggestion at this point in time would be the following:

    Do you have a wallpaper set - if so check to see if it's set under the Trips function. If it is - turn it off and check again the refresh/draw issue on your machine.

    If none of the above - delete Agendus and all of it's files except the icon file and then reinstall. Sometimes a full deletion will clean out this cobweb.

    Your data will remain - even if you delete everything besides the icon's. I've subscribed to this thread so I'll see any updates.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  15. #15  
    Hi, I didn't see the custom ringtones. I made my custom ringtones and I didn't see when I go to option- preference-alarms. Did you see yours?. I see the ringtones by default, but not my custom. Thanks.
  16. JayL's Avatar
    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    #16  
    so 10.04 is good now?
    Sprint 700p
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by armevi
    Hi, I didn't see the custom ringtones. I made my custom ringtones and I didn't see when I go to option- preference-alarms. Did you see yours?. I see the ringtones by default, but not my custom. Thanks.

    I don't believe that these have ever been visible? It's been noted as a feature request but I don't think it was available before?
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayL
    so 10.04 is good now?

    Yes the download's have been updated even though they still say 10.04 it was a new build but didn't change the number.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    You can of course DL the new version for testing yourselves at www.iambic.com. It is already available for DL, and I have installed it.

    It was not found by the "check for update" functionality in Agendus. A bit weird if you ask me..
    Perhaps you understand what I meant now, but I meant letting a wider audience beta test the release before it goes public. As explained, they don't want to do this. I personally agree that there are a lot of people who would just waste their time with boneheaded reports but there are also people out there who could report and define bugs for them to fix before the public finds them and flames them on their forum.

    Oh well.. 10.04 seems okay so far, except Wallpaper still crashes sometimes. I try to avoid that option but every so often I'll type "w" or hit it in the menus or prefs and get hit with it.

    I don't use all of Agendus's features too deeply, but my bit of working in it today it's looking okay. Contact links aren't written over top of each other anymore, that's good.
  20. jorang's Avatar
    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    Do you have a wallpaper set - if so check to see if it's set under the Trips function. If it is - turn it off and check again the refresh/draw issue on your machine.
    No wallpaper set or used. (Wallpaper under the trips function?? Is this possible?)

    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    If none of the above - delete Agendus and all of it's files except the icon file and then reinstall. Sometimes a full deletion will clean out this cobweb
    Trying to reinstall after a complete deletion now
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions