Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    RoninKSB,

Unfortunately this is part of the programming and was a conscience decision long ago back in the old Action Names days. Agendus does not show the brackets in it's view. They will of course show up in the native Palm application.

The brackets [ ] though are used for the contact name and not necessarily just the location. The location information is usually marked by parenthesis ( ) . The programming is necessary for primarily the Contact History view generation so that the text strings are marked in a uniform manner that the Contact History generator can spot easily.....

It would be interesting if you would expand on your issue as to why these are such a "major obstacle" for you. I don't think that this programming "feature" can be changed but I might be able to suggest a different approach?
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    This is a major problem for me because I have about 10 years of near daily appointments with essential information contained within square brackets.

In order to give Agendus a fair go of it I even explored the possibility of replacing the square brackets with some other characters but I could find no way to do such a find and replace within Outlook or on the Palm.
    Regards, RoninKSB
  3.    #43  
    Ok, what would be the problem of showing the information with brackets in Agendus......history? If you started say a new now without the brackets the only thing that would be the old appointments.

I don't mean to pry but the other thing would be that if you've got 10 years of appointments it would cause the program to run fairly slow because of all that data.

What happens if it's shown with brackets on your end?

The bottom line is the programming can't afford to change at this time on Agendus's end.

If your using Outlook - there is no way to remove the brackets quickly within it. However, you might want to experiment with exporting the data via File Export to an Excel Format then you can do a Find and Replace within Excel to replace the brackets. And then reimport it. However, caution - the reimport does not correctly import any reoccuring appointments that span more than one day.

There are ways around this but I'm not certain you want to expend the effort.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123