Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok. I did some searching and it doesn't look like anyone here has tried them yet. So, anyone have any feedback on the Logitech Mobile Traveller headset? It's the newer version of the Mobile Freedom. Anything it can / can't do compared to the Palm / Treo branded BT headset?

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...ONTENTID=10938
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 12/15/2005 at 10:05 PM.
    I am ordering one for as a xmas gift for a friend. I'll try it out after she opens it. Its probably the same guts as the older Mobile Freedom, just in a slimmer chasis. I'm a former user of the freedom so I'll be able to tell any immediate diffs.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. CompUSA has a sale on them until Saturday so I was kinda looking for feedback now. Looking forward to your feedback anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Thanks. CompUSA has a sale on them until Saturday so I was kinda looking for feedback now. Looking forward to your feedback anyway.

If you are looking for an inexpensive headset that works extremely well in windy environments (eg, a car with the ac/heater on)... I would highly recommend this one. Especially if its just an updated version of the freedom. The only reason I no longer have my freedom is that I gave it to a friend that is always in her car, so she needed a better headset.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks again patord.

I'll definitely be picking this one up then.
    What's the price at CompUSA?
  7.    #8  
    Hmmm... Just looked at the Plantronics Voyager 510. Looks good as well and it's cheaper than the Logitech. I just read that it has a bigger bluetooth antenna than most other blutooth headsets so it "performs" better than other bt headsets connection and static-wise. How does Logitech's WindStop technology compare to Plantronic's noise cancelling technology?
    Hmmm... Just looked at the Plantronics Voyager 510. Looks good as well and it's cheaper than the Logitech. I just read that it has a bigger bluetooth antenna than most other blutooth headsets so it "performs" better than other bt headsets connection and static-wise. How does Logitech's WindStop technology compare to Plantronic's noise cancelling technology?
    Do not get Windstop confused with noise cancelling.

All windstop is just a builton windscreen that works great in windy environments like a car or in open fields. Noise canceling (which the logitech does NOT have) just tries to minimize background noises your listener does not need to hear.

Reviews that 510 vary, just like any other headset... personally I would recommend the Logitech over that plantronics just based on prior experience with their other headsets.

I had absolutely NO static issues with logitech so the larger antanne arguement only works if you want to be further from your treo when on a call.
  9.    #10  
    Well, I think I'm gonna go for the Plantronics. I'm usually not in windy environments so the noise cancelling in the Plantronics would be better for where I'm usually talking. Also, found this site with the Plantronics branded USB charger and holster for the Voyager 510:

http://www.headsetzone.com/510.html

Krusell also has a nice holster that looks like it should work with the 510:

http://www.krusell.se/productUni.php...61&category=43
    I got the Logitech headset from CompUSA this weekend. It is my first bluetooth headset and I am not too pleased. It connected easily but has noticable static. It also says that the little orange light should shut off after it is done charging and that the initial charge should only take 4 hours. Mine has been on the charger for 24 hours and the light is still going strong. Perhaps I got a dud. Damn. I hate returning to CompUSA - such a PITA.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    That isn't the one I got on sale. This Sunday this one was on sale for $49 without any mail-in rebates.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...17565&pfp=cat3
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
  12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    That isn't the one I got on sale. This Sunday this one was on sale for $49 without any mail-in rebates.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...17565&pfp=cat3

Huh? I didn't ask or say anywhere that the model I linked to is the one you got...

Anyway that model you have is the older one. The on I linked to (Mobile Traveller) is the newer version.
    any newer updates on the traveller. I was at CES and saw this. I am a huge fan of the logitech mobile which had great noise cancellation. I'm now a HBH-300 user.
    As for the plantronics voyager 510, the noise cancellation is not that good.

I'm thinking of trying this out, but was hoping for some guidance on noise cancellation. the windstop demo at ces was pretty cool. they had the traveller and the jabra 500 facing a vornado fan on low. played it a/b over some speakers. night and day.

This happens in your car with the A/C, and just walking around outside. Very cool that the windscreen is built in. It is smaller than the hbh-300, and the i like the padded speaker that rests on your ear instead of in your ear like the hbh-300 with jabra.

Hoping to find the perfect headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone
    any newer updates on the traveller. I was at CES and saw this. I am a huge fan of the logitech mobile which had great noise cancellation. I'm now a HBH-300 user.
    As for the plantronics voyager 510, the noise cancellation is not that good.

I'm thinking of trying this out, but was hoping for some guidance on noise cancellation. the windstop demo at ces was pretty cool. they had the traveller and the jabra 500 facing a vornado fan on low. played it a/b over some speakers. night and day.

This happens in your car with the A/C, and just walking around outside. Very cool that the windscreen is built in. It is smaller than the hbh-300, and the i like the padded speaker that rests on your ear instead of in your ear like the hbh-300 with jabra.

Hoping to find the perfect headset.

There is no perfect headset. There are too many variables.

See my post #9 regarding noise cancelling vs windscreens. The Logitech Mobile Freedom *never* had active noise cancelling. The traveler appears very similar in specs. The built in wind screen is a VERY nice at blocking wind related noise. And that is why I use to have one in addition to my HBH-300. I had the Logitech for the car, and windy environments. But since I put a windscreen onto my 300, I no longer needed the Logitech. The 300 has active noise cancelling, and with a windscreen is great in the car too.

Don't get me wrong, the Logitech is a bargain when they have rebates on them.
    perfect. i was basically looking for a better noise cancelling headset than the 300, or equal, but smaller.

sounds like it still doesn't exist. I too put a windscreen on the hbh-300 and it rules... I just left CES and was disappointed as no one sounds like they are coming out with any headsets that do any great noise cancellation. Although Nokia is coming out with the 900 that looks pretty slick. http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=1898&source=HOME

the boom on it extends out a bit. it has a polished look to it.
    any other reviews on this headset?
    $80 bucks is the same price as at Logitech's site. Not much of a sale. I went for it anyway! feels pretty good. I haven't made a live call yet but I've checked voicemails to adjust the volume, etc. I was using an older Jabra (the one for non BT phones) it worked without the adaptor but lacked features and was heavy. I miss the secure feeling of the softgel earpiece sticking directly into the side of my brain!
    I will run this thing through the paces and comment more later if anyone's interested.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I just bought a Logitech Mobile Traveler todays at CompUSA. I paid $79 for it. Thus far I've tried a Moto H500 (looked cool, but Treo didn't like it), a Scala 500 (worked great for a few days then had pairing issues, also callers complained of clipped audio, loud volume though), and a Moto HS820 (works like a champ, but has low volume) which is the only one I've kept because of the sale price at Radio Shack of $39.

I'll let you know my impressions of the Logitech after a few days of field trial.
    A friend of mine bought one. Horrible constant hiss in the background. Noise cancellation was not very good, as I could always tell he was on a headset. He went back to his logitech mobile, and me on my HBH-300. Hands down the best 2 noise cancelling headsets. The size of the traveller he said was nice, as was the volume, but alas, the noise cancellation was not there...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast