Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I'm finally upgrading from 600 to 650. Verizon came through for me, I was going to need to go to my 4th T600 when I asked if it would be possible to upgrade me and they said YES. Excellent service but of course I'm paying an arm and a leg for it.

So - now I have a few questions:

1. Can I restore all my data which I've backed up using backupman from my SD card? If I just take my old SD card and place it in the 650 and restore the device -- should it work?

2. Are there any major programs which will not work on the 650? Here's what I'm using
    - KeyCaps
    - Chatter
    - Splash ID
    - Splash Photo
    - HanDBAse
    - TreoGuard
    - TreoAlarm
    - MobilClock
    - ePocrates
    - Documents to Go
    - PocketQicken
    - pTunes
    - Dir Assist

Thanks so much in advance
    Prior third party software settings (set for the 600) will cause conflicts on the 650, so you will need to do a clean install and install fresh (not from a backup) all third party software on to the 650. Yes, a pain, but this process will give you a trouble free Treo 650.

Follow the upgrade instructions on the Palm website or in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=clean+install

Find and install the latest versions of your desired 3rd party software. Do not forget the DaraViz tool to save memory space when using Docs to Go:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83240

(Install Docs to Go from the 650's CD.)

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 12/15/2005 at 08:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Thanks - very helpful
    How do you like the 650 screen? (I almost bought the 600, but could not give up my 480x320 Tunsten T3 screen for the 160X160 of the 600. . . .)

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue212
    Thanks - very helpful
    I just upgraded from my third 600 to the 650... I followed Perry's instructions, as well as the notes on the PalmOne site...

Check the threads here for links.

Can't say it took more then twenty minutes to be up and running. I did have to reinstall the Palm software because the conduits didn't come across clean but that was no big deal.
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    How do you like the 650 screen? (I almost bought the 600, but could not give up my 480x320 Tunsten T3 screen for the 160X160 of the 600. . . .)

Cheers, Perry.
    The screen (and BT) are the only reason I moved from the 600..the 650 is killer.
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro