Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. tgl
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    There are several questions that come up often as it relates to GoodLink. The infamous GoodLink Thread (now in this forum for posterity sake) was a bear to dig through though often, these questions were already answered. I am going to build a FAQ here of these questions and hopefully this will get your questions answered quickly.

1. Populating your sub-folders

2. Reprovisioning your device

3. How can I make the Treo vibrate for reminders?

4. How can I have the LED blink when a new message is received?

5. Enabling the Palm Contacts
    i have Treo 650: my GoodLink Home Screen changed suddenly and now has the Palm prompts at bottom (up arrow=compose, right=more..,down arrow=contacts,left arrow=Tasks) instead of the Goodlink taskbar with icons running along the bottom for email, compose etc...
    how do i get the Goodlink taskbar back?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by tgl View Post
    i have Treo 650: my GoodLink Home Screen changed suddenly and now has the Palm prompts at bottom (up arrow=compose, right=more..,down arrow=contacts,left arrow=Tasks) instead of the Goodlink taskbar with icons running along the bottom for email, compose etc...
    how do i get the Goodlink taskbar back?
    Menu->Options->Quick Launcher
    I just got the Palm Treo 700P and I have been trying to download Goodlink and have had NOTHING BUT TROUBLE! It seems to be caught in a constant download loop asking me to sign in and download over and over. It then asks me to reboot. I have done this 3 times lately. I tried earlier and got out of the loop and not contacts will not work or goodlink. It is constantly stuck on Goodlink initializing screen. PLEASE HELP>
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJ View Post
    I saw an alternative solution on http://www.chaddickerson.com/blog/20...with-goodlink/

Instead use FileZ to change the creator of GoodAddressBookApp.prc from PAdd to something like PAd1. This effectively "rescues" the original Palm Contacts application and e.g. allows the phone to rely on the Palm application as the database rather than the Outlook contacts database. (This is on a Treo 700P with GoodLink version version 4.8.1.14_EN)
    I've got to throw in my thanks for this as well. I've lived without caller picture ID and custom ring tones for the last two years I've been using Good on my 600/650 mainly because I didn't have enough room for both contacts and Good. Now that I have the 700P that limit has gone away (finally).

The post above is the simplest approach yet and works perfectly. Both sets of contacts co-exist and I can still get at my companies GAL easily. Thanks!
    Our company is upgrading from 650s to 680s, and now I have the opposite problem. The Contacts tab in the phone app is defaulting to the Treo contacts instead of the Goodlink contacts. Anyone know how to change this?
    You *should* be able to assign the tab to Good Contacts via Prefs->Buttons. On the 650 and 700, the Good Contacts app has a space before "Contacts" to look for that at the top of the apps list.

I haven't used a 680, but from other posts it certainly sounds like there are differences in how this works compared to the 600, 650, and 700p. Hopefully the Prefs->Buttons stuff will work but I don't know for sure.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Quote Originally Posted by ztruelove View Post
    Our company is upgrading from 650s to 680s, and now I have the opposite problem. The Contacts tab in the phone app is defaulting to the Treo contacts instead of the Goodlink contacts. Anyone know how to change this?
    depends on what version of GMM you have. I have a 680 and GMM 4.8 worked fine. As soon as we went to 4.9 I'm uck-fayed.

so if YOU are lucky enough to have 4.8 get fliez and delete the creator field in the goodadressbook.app like Chad Dickerson's blog says.
    GoodGuy,
    What is the pricing for the server and cals?
    I've heard ca $1500 for server and $99 for the cals. Is this correct?
    Looks like a great product, but hard to compete with BES in a small company like mine with only 4 employees. BES was free with one cal with the possibility to go up to 15 cals.
    Any "small business" pricing available?
    Cheers,
    Todd
    I am running GMM on a Sprint Treo 650 with version 1.13a software and all of the notifications stopped working about 3 weeks ago. I have check all the preferences in GMM and on the Treo and everything appears to be as it should, but I still get no sound nor vibrations when a new email arrives or a reminder is supposed to occur. I have read that I need to upgrade to 4.9.2, but my local IT manager tells me that I have to download the upgrade. It is not listed in my applications screen, so where do I find it to download it?
    There is a little background on this in this thread but most of it is in this thread. Posts appear to indicate this is fixed in GMM 4.9.2 but since my IT hasn't posted that version yet, I haven't upgraded and can't tell for sure.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Hi Folks -

I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - and I think I'm pretty close based on what I've read in these threads... I see the workaround to get my 750 to default to my personal/palm contacts over my GoodLink corporate contacts - but only for the Palm OS it seems.... Is there a similar workaround for the 750 so that incoming calls check my personal contacts and I can look up personal contacts from the search bar on the Today screen? Thanks so much in advance!

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJ View Post
    I saw an alternative solution on http://www.chaddickerson.com/blog/20...with-goodlink/

Instead use FileZ to change the creator of GoodAddressBookApp.prc from PAdd to something like PAd1. This effectively "rescues" the original Palm Contacts application and e.g. allows the phone to rely on the Palm application as the database rather than the Outlook contacts database. (This is on a Treo 700P with GoodLink version version 4.8.1.14_EN)
    This works better than the delete/restore workaround. Goodguy please PLEASE PLEASE put this in the Good prefs!!
    I am running corporate Goodlinks on a 680 and the "Sent" box doesn't sync. What am I doing wrong. Txs
    Unless I missed it, this thread does not reflect the method of getting to debug from the today screen on a Treo 750 (and possibly any WM5 device but I am not sure). Can I suggest you update the instructions to say you will need to type "000debug" to get there. I know you mention that in other threads but I had to dig to find it.

Thanks,
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I used the workaround to get my Treo 700p to use Good and Palm contacts - but Hotsync address fails. Palm says Hotsync will NOT synchronize my Palm contacts as long as Good is on the Treo. Their solution is to remove Good - indicating they're not really partners in helping the customer. So, I have Good contacts, which sync over-the-air just fine, and I have Palm contacts which are usable on the Treo too, but they aren't getting backed up via Hotsync. On some bad advice, I let Hotsync remove my Palm contacts from the PC. How do I get my Palm Contacts to hotsync, or is that hopeless and all I can do is remove Good, hotsync, and then reinstall and re-provision? I suppose I can at least Backup everything, so it's safe, but I don't get to use any of the Export features in Palm Desktop, because I can't get my Palm contacts out of the Treo.
    I've reviewed the forum but I'm not coming accross a fix. I have a nokia E61i with Goodlink. The inbox and sent folders are able to sync, but a subfolder that I route all my co-workers email to does not. I went to preferences and added the folder to the Email Delivery section but it still soesn't work. I even went to the folder and selected send/receive but no luck. Does anyone have any advise?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    look up the 'fetch' command
    Last edited by GoodGuy; 04/08/2008 at 01:26 PM.
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12