Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I'm one of the many searching for the best BT headset for use with the Treo 650. I've tried: Scala 500 (old and new designs), Jabra BT250 and BT500, Treo Wireless Headset, Sony HBH-608 (borrowed briefly), and now the Plantronics Voyager 510 (version "D"). The 510 blows them all away in my opinion. It's comfortable to wear, nice and loud, and most importantly has a minimal amount of static. It actually works BETTER for me with the Treo in my left pocket and the headset in my right ear. Everyone says I sound nice and clear, and I have no problem hearing anybody. When calling out, it connects almost immediately (1-2 seconds after it finishes dialing), and with an incoming call it connects by the second ring. You can't switch to a second caller with the headset itself (pushing the button just hangs up on the caller), but it beeps right away when call waiting kicks in, and you can still switch over with the phone. I was also able to pair it successfully with two phones at the same time. Redial works fine from the headset too.

I really wanted the Jabra BT500 to be the perfect headset, as it was the most comfortable, but the static, while not as bad as the others, was still pretty bad.

This one is (finally) a keeper. Now I need to find the USB charger, and talk the boss into buying the phone lifter so I can use it with my office phone too.
    Can you confirm that this headset is not full duplex? I read somewhere that if you are talking to a person who has too much background noise, they will not hear your transmission because it lacks full duplex? Otherwise, I too am interested in this headset...or the HBH300, or the Logitech Mobile Pro
    sounds nice. I am Sick of having to switch Treo to right pocket because of static using the "Palm Treo Model". I'll have to try it.

Another annoying think about the Treo model is it keeps turning itself on in my pocket because the power button is so easy to press. Does this happen with the 510 ?
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    acastillo: The only time I've experienced anything like this was when I was talking to my parents last night, but I attributed it to the fact that they were talking on a cheap speakerphone and their dog was barking like crazy. Otherwise, I haven't experienced that.

rgps: There's no way this headset will be turned on accidentially, as the power button is very tiny. It actually can be a little hard to turn on or off, but I kind of like that, for reasons like you bring up.

Yesterday when I was at work my headset started ringing. Strange, I thought, as I can't feel my phone vibrating. That's because my phone was still at my desk, at least 35 feet away, and through multiple cubicle walls (and one real wall). It sounded terrible when I answered it, but it was still good enough to where I could tell who it was and tell her to hold on while I got closer to my phone. Very impressed, considering my other experiences with BT headsets and the Treo. Definitely a keeper.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Please where can I get a copy of Plantronic voyerger 510 at a reasonable price?
    Thanks
    I agree with the bwillet. This is by far the best headset I have found so far. I to will leave my phone on my desk at home and can walk a good ways away (talking) and not experience any static. I can talk/hear my conversations with the phone on either side of me with no problems. Just for the fun of it I left the phone on the passenger side (which is where I normally leave it while driving) got out my van and proceeded to pump gas and clean all my windows with no static at all.

I first found one at Office Depot for $99 and then looked on the net and found it awhile back at buy.com for $42. I guess you figured out where I got mine....LOL
    Well, pulled the trigger on one, and agree on bwillet's review on all aspects. Great headest.

Did a test and it is full duplex, contrary to what I read of another persons review. No static whatsoever and great volume. Better than the EZ Minitalker and Scala 500 that I both own.

Only downside is it sometimes has a bit of a delay to pick up an inbound or outbound call. You guys clearing your BT cache to fix this?
    Can someone check if it works with CallRec? The developer tells me it works with BT headsets, but with mine it only pics up my voice and not the other end of the call.

TIA
    Bump for question about connection delay.

3rd day with this headset and very pleased. Only downfall is the slight delay on the headset picking up the call, whether inbound or outbound.

You guys noticing it takes 2-3 rings on an incoming call for transfer? Also, for outbound calls, if the other party answers on the 1st ring, they have a couple seconds until the 510 pics up. Is this pretty much what you guys are experiencing also? Will clearing the BT cache help?
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Can someone check if it works with CallRec? The developer tells me it works with BT headsets, but with mine it only pics up my voice and not the other end of the call.

TIA
    No it doesn't work with CallRec
    Quote Originally Posted by acastillo
    Bump for question about connection delay.

3rd day with this headset and very pleased. Only downfall is the slight delay on the headset picking up the call, whether inbound or outbound.

You guys noticing it takes 2-3 rings on an incoming call for transfer? Also, for outbound calls, if the other party answers on the 1st ring, they have a couple seconds until the 510 pics up. Is this pretty much what you guys are experiencing also? Will clearing the BT cache help?
    I too am experiencing a delay. So far it hasn't caused a huge problem, but I wish it could be better. As of now. the rest of the quality seems to be good enough for me to deal with the delay
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I notice the delay once in a while also, but it is not the headsets fault, it is the Treo, having a detuned bluetooth. I have used my 510 on another phone and it works fine and picks up quick !!!! Does anyone know of any eargels that work and fit the Plantronnics Voyager 510 ??? God Bless.
    Just got mine for a great price at amazon. Very difficult pairing until I put into "pairing mode..." lol Not much range, but clear, static free and loud enough in the car with my Treo holstered.
    Another vote for the Voyager 510 here! Got mine today and am very impressed! Have experienced the delay, but it isn't a deal breaker as I can now finally hear with a BT headset.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    I have found something that may be useful for those who have the delay with the headset picking up on an outgoing call. If you press the answer button on the headset before dialing the number it picks up almost at once. No more having to say hello just in case the other end picked up on the first ring.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Hi... Has anyone done this or have any suggestions? Thanks.
    Update. Wife wanted one for her Razr, so I ordered a 2nd one from Buy.com. Looks like it's been updated with a new "Windsmart" feature.

Visibly, the end where the mic hole used to be has been modified to be incased in some type of hard foam and there is no longer a foam sock included. Also, the new model is silver/black instead of silver/blue.

Haven't yet done any formal tests to see if this one has better wind protection, as it's still charging. Anyone else pick up a newer revised 510?
    I have tried the Motorola HS810 and HS850, as well as the 510. I have found that the 510 has the best volume and voice quality. The only thing that I have found is that the range of the 510 is somewhat shorter than the moto headsets, but that is a small price to pay for the increased sound quality of this headset. I would highly recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by acastillo
    Update. Wife wanted one for her Razr, so I ordered a 2nd one from Buy.com. Looks like it's been updated with a new "Windsmart" feature.

Visibly, the end where the mic hole used to be has been modified to be incased in some type of hard foam and there is no longer a foam sock included. Also, the new model is silver/black instead of silver/blue.

Haven't yet done any formal tests to see if this one has better wind protection, as it's still charging. Anyone else pick up a newer revised 510?
    Nice. So now in addition to having noise cancelling technology, it also has Logitech's WindStop technology? I checked Buy.com and the picture they have is still of the old blue / grey-silver model.
    Went to CompUSA today and they have the new Voyager 510s in stock. If Plantronic's implimentation of Logitech's WindStop is as good as Logitech's, then the new version of the Voyager 510 will be one of the best bluetooth headsets out there in terms of incoming and outgoing audio / call quality.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast