Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    CompUSA has the Plantronics Voyager 510 online for $49.99 via In-Store Pickup/Delivery. This seems to be a misprice as in store it is $99.99.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...ct_code=336623
    Actually, I called a bunch of CompUSA's in the LA area, and they all said it was $49.99. Too bad they were all out of stock.

And if you notice, it says that it is not available for delivery.
    I bought mine from headsets.com a while back. They have a 110% pricematch guarantee for 60-days. Price Matched to amazon.com. Ordered on afternoon, came via USPS the next morning. (They ship out of San Francisco.)
    Just checked with headsets.com and they are out of stock as well. Newegg just went out of stock this morning. Everyone is out of stock. Headsets.com said they will be getting the new versions in on the 5th, so in a couple of days. And they said they would pricematch newegg's price of $45.99.
    Just got one - the new one saying windsmart on it, Grey and black. From Fry's. They had a whole bunch of them on the rack with a tag of 79 some price. Took it up to and asked them if they would price match with comp USA. Got it for 49$. 3$ tax, no ship.
    Paired so well and have been taking calls on it. So good to be able not to hold the brick up to your head.
    Which Fry's? I went into the one in Burbank, CA and did not find it.
    Last edited by LABachlr; 04/03/2006 at 07:26 PM.
    Just called Fry's. None in LA or San Diego. None in Las Vegas. Said there were some in GA.
    In Indianapolis.
    Does the TreoCentral store sell the new version?
    510 is the first keeper i have come across
    After hours of reading all these furums (thank you btw) I think this is the one I'll be getting. I'm surprised nobody has looked on ebay for the best deal.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

$51.49 no shipping and mentions the Windsmart technology so I'm thinking this is the latest version.

Thanks again for all this info that has helped me with my research.
    When I bought, ebay was not the best deal. somewhere earlier in this post, I mentioned getting mine from buy.com for $47 shipped. New version with windsmart.
    I ordered from xp passport off of amazon $55 shipped after tax
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20
    I've been using the Voyager 510 (newer version... not the gray one, but the Silver/black model), and I use it with my Treo 650 as well as calling through the internet with Skype. It works beautifully in both cases.
    This may not be the perfect headset for other phones, but it performs and sounds better with my Treo650 than any other BT headset. And I've tried a bunch. Here are some I tried but returned for various reasons:
    1. Plantronics M2500: comfotable, but didn't fit quite right. Wouldn't quite stay in my ear. Also, a bit of constant static.
    2. Philips VOX 120: one of the cheaper Philips models, it sucked in every way
    3. Jabra 250V: this one was pretty good, but it never fit quite right (too loose), and it had range problems with my Treo. I'd get no more than 5 feet away and I'd get increased static.
    4. Bluespoon AX2: looks cool, but sound quality is awful, and that hard rubber earpiece hurts after a while
    5. Plantronics Discovery 640: I spluged and spent the big $ on this one. It sounded good, but I didnt like the rubber ear gels. Also, the connection between the eargels and the headset is too loose, so the headset would bobble up and down as I moved my head. For $120 I needed something more secure, so I returned it.
    6. Motorola H500: had good sound and good range. But this type of BT headset tends to flap against my ear when I move my head. Also, the ear hook is too hard and hurt my ear.

Finally I got the Voyager 510v, and EVERYTHING is great about it. I even bought the Plantronics factory belt case for it. I think for Treo650 owners, this is the best headset. Although it's always a very personal choice, this one beat all the others I tried easily.
    I'm probably going to return mine, and stick with my Sony HBH-300. It si ncie and small but the noise cancellation is nowhere close to the HBH-300. I can walk around outside with cars going by on the sony and it still sounds like i'm indoors. The volume mic on the 510 isn't as loud (mic is shorter), and the windsmart is good, but not great. I put a windscreen on the HBH-300 and it's the same for wind.

Overall, the connection time seems faster than the old 510, but man, I wish the noise cancellation could come close the HBH-300. I work from home and when I'm out and about in the car, store, etc, I want to be able to take business calls and sound like I'm "in the office"

For small, compact, and decent noise cancellation, buy it. Much better than TWH, or any crappy motorola headset, or the Jabra 250 for that matter.

Still waiting for the ultimate small bluetooth headset with great noise cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphone
    I'm probably going to return mine, and stick with my Sony HBH-300. It si ncie and small but the noise cancellation is nowhere close to the HBH-300. I can walk around outside with cars going by on the sony and it still sounds like i'm indoors. The volume mic on the 510 isn't as loud (mic is shorter), and the windsmart is good, but not great. I put a windscreen on the HBH-300 and it's the same for wind.

Overall, the connection time seems faster than the old 510, but man, I wish the noise cancellation could come close the HBH-300. I work from home and when I'm out and about in the car, store, etc, I want to be able to take business calls and sound like I'm "in the office"

For small, compact, and decent noise cancellation, buy it. Much better than TWH, or any crappy motorola headset, or the Jabra 250 for that matter.

Still waiting for the ultimate small bluetooth headset with great noise cancellation.
    I have the HBH-300 and when I use it outside if there is any wind it causes all kinds of distortion for the person I am speaking to at the time. I have put on a "windscreen" that is meant for a small mic but it looks so goofy. Anyone have better options?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Ok, so which one is the new version? I have the black and silver one, and my treo recognizes it as v.G
    I see some people mention version D. I assume vG is the new one, I got it from the cingular store and the box nowhere mentions windsmart, so I'm not sure???
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete411
    Ok, so which one is the new version? I have the black and silver one, and my treo recognizes it as v.G
    I see some people mention version D. I assume vG is the new one, I got it from the cingular store and the box nowhere mentions windsmart, so I'm not sure???
    You have the new version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete411
    Yes, the new model is v.G and is silver and black (the older version D was dark and light gray). The v.G also has a "hard" compressed windscreen feature built into the tip of the boom. The older D version had a foam sock you could slide onto the end (which made it kind of ugly).
    I've tried both, and the newer "G" version is better in both design and sound.
    I actually have two of these both are version G but one is the Blueish the other is the black and silver so I think the G is the firmware.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast