Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    CompUSA has them. I know Radio Shack carries the Voyager 510, but I'm not sure if they have these new versions yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    CompUSA has them. I know Radio Shack carries the Voyager 510, but I'm not sure if they have these new versions yet.
    I picked up the new version at Comp USA last weekend. No noticable difference in sound quality from last version, however, I can se where the windstop feature will make a difference. Still the same delay in pick up of calls, about 2-3 rings (as heard from callers end). Some tolerable static at closer range, but stays about the same up to 10-15 feet from phone. Range is the best of any I have used so far: Treo headset, Ax2, BT500, HBH-600, HBH-610... I just ordered a HBH-300 and will compare after I get it.
    G4 1.5Ghz 12" Powerbook. Cingular branded 650 with Palm unbranded firmware.
    Quote Originally Posted by estim8r
    I picked up the new version at Comp USA last weekend. No noticable difference in sound quality from last version, however, I can se where the windstop feature will make a difference. Still the same delay in pick up of calls, about 2-3 rings (as heard from callers end). Some tolerable static at closer range, but stays about the same up to 10-15 feet from phone. Range is the best of any I have used so far: Treo headset, Ax2, BT500, HBH-600, HBH-610... I just ordered a HBH-300 and will compare after I get it.
    So just curious, why would you buy from CompUSA and pay twice as much as the buy.com or other places on the web have them? Or does the web only have the older version? Also, it was asked about earjels for them? Was that answered yet?
    Buy.com carries this updated version of the Voyager 510 (please read the thread, it's mentioned in post #17). Some people would rather buy from a local store as it's more convenient.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Buy.com carries this updated version of the Voyager 510 (please read the thread, it's mentioned in post #17). Some people would rather buy from a local store as it's more convenient.
    Not to mention the fact that if you decide you don't like it, you won't have to pay to ship it back and wait for your credit.
    I agree that 510 works pretty well with Treo 650. I too have tried quite a few BT headsets and I do think this is the best so far. My biggest complain, like other, is the delay in picking up a call when it rings. I donít hear the ring on the 510 until 2nd or 3rd ring. If I donít react quickly enough, the call will end up going into voice mail. As it has been mentioned before by others, this problem is not with 510, it is with Treo. There is virtually no delay with other phones.

Does anyone know how to unpair a device on 510? Better yet, I would like to delete all pairing information on the 510. I certainly know how to do this on the Treo but not on a BT headset. I have paired my 510 with various devices and I would like to "clean" it out.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WhereIsMyTreo
    Does anyone know how to unpair a device on 510? Better yet, I would like to delete all pairing information on the 510. I certainly know how to do this on the Treo but not on a BT headset. I have paired my 510 with various devices and I would like to "clean" it out.
    From Plantronics site faq

Question:
    How do I reset the Voyager 510 headset?
    Answer:
    A hardware reset of the headset can be accomplished by a simultaneous long press of the POWER/MUTE and SPEAK VOLUME DOWN keys.
    I should have looked there. Thank you very much for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetmann
    So just curious, why would you buy from CompUSA and pay twice as much as the buy.com or other places on the web have them? Or does the web only have the older version? Also, it was asked about earjels for them? Was that answered yet?

I have used Buy.com in the past and like them. However, as many headsets as I have been through, I did not want to deal with returns via mail if I did not like it. Much like the brand new Sony HBH-300 I have sitting in its box right now.
    G4 1.5Ghz 12" Powerbook. Cingular branded 650 with Palm unbranded firmware.
    Question on the new black/gray 510???? Has anyone tried it while driving in a convertible car or with the window down to test the new WindSmart technology? I was just courious. And for that matter try it with the AC vent blowing on you and let me know as I get complaints with all these variables with the older blue/gray model.
    Quote Originally Posted by MackIII
    Question on the new black/gray 510???? Has anyone tried it while driving in a convertible car or with the window down to test the new WindSmart technology? I was just courious. And for that matter try it with the AC vent blowing on you and let me know as I get complaints with all these variables with the older blue/gray model.

I have the older model with the wind sock on the boom and I don't get any complaints. In fact, I've been in gusty winds before and the other person didn't know I was outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer
    I have the older model with the wind sock on the boom and I don't get any complaints. In fact, I've been in gusty winds before and the other person didn't know I was outside.
    Here in the windy city, the old model, even with the sock on, was useless once I got outside in any kind of wind. All the other party heard was a very loud noise, and not my voice. I've been on the receiving end too, as 2 friends bought the 510 (old) on my recommendation, and each time they walked outside, it was very annoying. Not to mention, you lose a few cool points with the sock on.

With the new model, I can walk outside, pump gas, wipe down the car after a wash, etc, and clients hear me fine. There are times when a strong wind does affect the transmission, but it's much improved. 2 friends who bought the old 510 followed me on buying the new model, and have had the same results. YMMV.

Though if you don't believe me, I'd be glad to sell you my 2mo old blue/grey 510 for $30 shipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfred44
    Please where can I get a copy of Plantronic voyerger 510 at a reasonable price?
    Thanks
    $49.99 @ Buy.com not sure if it is version D?

edit: I puchased this headset from Buy.com and it is version G, and does not work well with my Treo 650 SW:1.20 ena FW:01.71...
    Last edited by t3abags; 03/17/2006 at 11:54 AM.
    I just received my new one (silver and black) from Buy.com.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

You sure you have the silver and black one from Buy.com? If so, does it say anything on the box or manual about "WindSmart"? I'm not talking about noise cancelation either.....it should say WindSmart.

Thanks
    Hi all,
    I'm having a hard time pairing up my Treo 650 with my Voyager 510. The Treo is simply not discovering any devices when it scans, event though my 510 is two inches away an on. Is this a known problem? Are there any special hoops I have to jump through to get this to work? Can somebody point me to a howto?
    Thanks!
    ajlanetrn
    No hoops for me. Turn on BT on your Treo put headset in pairing mode (Volume + and Answer button). That is all I had to do. I have paired 3 different 510's to my Treo at different times all worked the same.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Does anyone know if newegg.com carries the new version?
    just bought my black and silver one at Radio Shack. $79.99. 30 day trial. Paried easily. comfort is good (better than the 640). Delay is about 2 rings (this is so so). Will put it through the paces this week at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c
    just bought my black and silver one at Radio Shack. $79.99. 30 day trial. Paried easily. comfort is good (better than the 640). Delay is about 2 rings (this is so so). Will put it through the paces this week at work.
    Does it say "WindSmart" on the box? I called Radio Shack, and they said that it did not. So I assumed that they had the old one.

Which city and state are you in/near?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast