Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 94
  1. #21  
    I've had the 510 for over a year. I used it with my Moto phones before I switched to PPC. By far, it is the best BT headset I've used. I, too, experience the call pick up delay, but at least it gives you a tone when it does pick up.

    I have had problems with it disconnecting from my 700w. It becomes annoying when you expect to answer a call on the HS but instead have to use the phone.
  2. #22  
    I wonder if this newer version of the Voyager 510 fixes the delay...
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I wonder if this newer version of the Voyager 510 fixes the delay...
    Nope (using the new one as I gave my wife the old one).

    The delay is not bad as I have grown accustomed to it. Transfers to the headset on incoming by ring 2-3. If making an outbound call, I wake the phone up with the headset before making the call so pairing is instantaneous.
  4. #24  
    Is there any significant advantage of the new version of the 510 over the previous version? My local Rat Shack has the 510 for $79.00. I see the new version is $99.00 on Plantronics website.
    Thanks!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by PCStreo
    Is there any significant advantage of the new version of the 510 over the previous version? My local Rat Shack has the 510 for $79.00. I see the new version is $99.00 on Plantronics website.
    Thanks!
    See post #17 where I mentioned the only advantage, and also where to buy alot cheaper than $79.
  6. #26  
    Looks like they've adopted Logitech's WindStop technology into the Voyager 510. This means that along with their already pretty good noise cancelling technology, they now have really good wind filtering technology. This makes up for a bluetooth headset with very good sound quality. Buy.com has them for less than $50.00.
  7. #27  
    I too like this headset. Another great feature of this phone is that you can pair it with multiple devices. I've got the Plantronics Voyager 510 with the 510S base so that it can be paired with land lines and such. Now I can use one headset with my Treo, desk phone, and Skype calls.

    There's a bit of learning curve on what do you when you are paired with one device and a call comes in on another device, but it works great!

    I picked up the 510 at headsets.com. Comes with a nice 60-day 110% price guarantee.
  8. #28  
    Question for the rest of you Voyager 510 owners. Does the call answer / call end button on your Voyager 510 do anything when you press it during a call? Mine doesn't seem to answer a call when I press it nor does it end a call when I press it...
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by acastillo
    Nope (using the new one as I gave my wife the old one).

    The delay is not bad as I have grown accustomed to it. Transfers to the headset on incoming by ring 2-3. If making an outbound call, I wake the phone up with the headset before making the call so pairing is instantaneous.

    I can actually hear the phone ring in my headset at least 2 seconds before the phone actually starts ringing. I can answer the call with the button before the phone rings and wait for the acknowledgement tone indicating I'm connected.

    I do have the occasional problem with the HS being disconnected when idle. Then, when the phone does ring, I can't answer the call with the HS.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Question for the rest of you Voyager 510 owners. Does the call answer / call end button on your Voyager 510 do anything when you press it during a call? Mine doesn't seem to answer a call when I press it nor does it end a call when I press it...
    If my headset is idle and a call comes in my Treo, it will ring the headset (takes about 2-3 seconds to connect before it starts ringing.) After it rings, when I press the call answer button on the headset it picks up on the headset.

    If I am on a call, pressing the headset button will hang up phone.
  11. #31  
    Hmmm... That's weird. I have two Voyager 510's. One is the older blue / grey model and I picked up one of the new versions (black and silver with WindStop) yesterday. Both don't do anything when I press the call answer / end button during a call or when I'm getting a call...
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Hmmm... That's weird. I have two Voyager 510's. One is the older blue / grey model and I picked up one of the new versions (black and silver with WindStop) yesterday. Both don't do anything when I press the call answer / end button during a call or when I'm getting a call...
    Pressing the call answer/end button works fine with my 510. It picks up and hangs up the call when I need it to.

    Question for you. Does the older blue/grey model also have WindStop technology? I have that one and I am wondering whether it is worth it to pick up the black/silver if the WindStop technology does not exist on the blue/grey one.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by moppet52
    Pressing the call answer/end button works fine with my 510. It picks up and hangs up the call when I need it to.

    Question for you. Does the older blue/grey model also have WindStop technology? I have that one and I am wondering whether it is worth it to pick up the black/silver if the WindStop technology does not exist on the blue/grey one.
    Oh, and as a related follow-up. If the black/silver does have WindStop and the blue/gray does not... do you think it makes a noticeable difference?

    TIA.
  14. #34  
    Yes the WindStop does make a difference if you are in a windy environment. I was walking from the middle of campus to my car today and it was very windy. I was also walking against the wind. I called a friend and he told me that the sound was pretty clear and "noise free".


    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Question for the rest of you Voyager 510 owners. Does the call answer / call end button on your Voyager 510 do anything when you press it during a call? Mine doesn't seem to answer a call when I press it nor does it end a call when I press it...
    Anyone else?
  15. #35  
    Ok, figured out what I was doing wrong. I wasn't pressing it hard enough.

    You have to press it pretty hard (more than I'm comfortable with) to get it to work.

    My Voyager 510 is again my favorite bt headset. Other than it's longer pickup times, its overall build and audio quality are much better than my Nextlink BlueSpoon AX2.

    I wonder why the Voyager takes longer to pickup than other bt headsets. My AX2 is pretty much instant when picking up calls.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by bwillet
    I really wanted the Jabra BT500 to be the perfect headset, as it was the most comfortable, but the static, while not as bad as the others, was still pretty bad.
    not only the static but i've been asked if i was outside in the wind and rain because thats what it sounds like. i was actually inside my house with no wind nor rain. thats too bad because i think the BT500 looks the best and it doesn't look stupid hanging on your ear like those others. i prefer those that goes around your ear.
  17. #37  
    Sorry to ask again, but I wanted to make sure this was true. Does this mean that the old (Blue/Gray) 510 does not have the WindStop technology and you noticed a difference between the two versions? The reason I ask is because I have the Blue/Gray one, but without the box, I forget whether they claimed the blue/gray version had the WindStop technology.

    TIA.

    Moppet52
  18. #38  
    For those interested, I was able to find the answer on Hofo. The updated 510 is indeed different in more than just color. The boom mic is bigger, because a windscreen is installed within the mic and replaces the wind sock that comes with the blue/gray one. I have heard that this WindStop technology (from IsLNdbOi and others at Hofo) works really well! Now, time to find a place that has the new and updated version...

    Moppet52
  19. #39  
    Finally was outside in the wind with the new version, and I can also confirm it's far superior. With the old model, conversations outside were basically futile and annoying to the person on the other end. I was pleasantly suprised when it worked fine today and I was able to be understood perfectly.
  20. #40  
    what retailer(s) are carrying them?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions