1.    #1  
    i just got my treo a week ago and i notice that 90% of the time i use the camera the phone freeze up,sometimes it even says "cant locate device" or something along that line,can anyone help me pls,thanx in advance,btw i did the cingular update
    Where do you have your pictures stored and how much free memory do you have?

Cheers, Perry.
    If you have enough internal memory to take the "next" picture -- I suspect a 3rd party software glitch before I would suspect the Cingular update.

To make sure you do not have a software glitch -- read follow the instructions in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=101944

Cheers, Perry.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Where do you have your pictures stored and how much free memory do you have?

Cheers, Perry.
    i got them on the phone,going by what fileZ says,free memory in:19% ex:9%
    in:4.5m ex:21m
    Quote Originally Posted by driguez
    i got them on the phone,going by what fileZ says,free memory in:19% ex:9%
    in:4.5m ex:21m
    That sounds like enough internal memory -- however, you can free up much memory by moving photos and videos to an SD card. You can do this within the Pics & Videos application -- and if you leave the SD card icon "selected" within this application -- then your Treo will automatically save pictures to the card -- rather than using up the internal memory.

I suspect a software corruption -- read my post #3 that came after your post #4. (Hate it, when that happens.)

Cheers, Perry.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    That sounds like enough internal memory -- however, you can free up much memory by moving photos and videos to an SD card. You can do this within the Pics & Videos application -- and if you leave the SD card icon "selected" within this application -- then your Treo will automatically save pictures to the card -- rather than using up the internal memory.

I suspect a software corruption -- read my post #3 that came after your post #4. (Hate it, when that happens.)

Cheers, Perry.
    thanks
    Just in case: the Pics & Videos application doesn't truly move a photo -- it "copies" it -- so, once copied to the SD card -- you have to then delete the photo from the phone to truly get the memory space freed up.. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
  8.    #8  
    damn it,still freeze up............do u guys think it might be a faulty device?
    Hi driguez!

H'mm. Okay. Do a hard reset. Does the camera still freeze up in this state, before you hotsync or add back any 3rd party software? If so, I vote for a faulty device and a replacement.

If the camera does not freeze up here, can you do the clean install hotsync (backupfolder renamed old)? With only PIM data returned, does it freeze now? If so, I am sort of stumped.

If the camera does not freeze up here, then add third party software back one at a time and test the camera. After which software addition does it start freezing up? Then we have at least a partial answer.

Cheers, Perry.