I recently purchased a Lexar 1G SD Card (32x) for my T650 and I can move tunes to it via an external card reader, but when I insert the card in the T650 there is an error that the "card is not found"

I am new to all of this, does someone have an "answer for dummies)?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    You might want to format it with your card reader before using it. Make sure you format the card in FAT, no FAT32.
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    You might want to format it with your card reader before using it. Make sure you format the card in FAT, no FAT32.
    The error says "Windows was unable to complete this format"
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Check if your card is write-protected. There's a little switch on the edge of the card. Make sure it is not at the "lock" position.
    I tried that as soon as it failed. I can format it with the desktop/removable drive and I can load music from the desktop Real Player and even play it from the desk top so I do not believe it is a bad card.

The other cards I have are not marked as to speed and this one says 32X. Is that the incompatability? The card was from a good friend that introduced me to T650 and he used it all the time
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I had similar experience with a 1gb card from lexar. The card would work fine when I use a card reader, but it would not be recognized by my treo. So I sent the card for a replacement and the replacement worked fine.
    That's the answer I have been looking for, THANK YOU!