1.    #1  
    In the past few weeks, I've noticed that after I perform a soft reset on my 650, there is a delay in the time it takes the treo to read my sd card. Sometimes it's a minute and sometimes up to 10 minutes later.

Has anyone else had this problem or do you know what it might stem from? I have also tried doing a soft reset without the card in it and inserting it afterwards, but it's the same deal.

Thanks for any help.
    Just did a soft reset on my Treo. Card was recognized right away.

Did you put anything on the card recently? May want to backup your card and reformat it. See if it happens when you have nothing on it.
    I have the same problem. It's usually about 3-5 minutes for me. The treo comes on by itself when it finally recognizes the card, or interupts what I'm doing...very odd. It hasn't always been this way, only started about a month ago. I haven't put any effort into trying to figure out what is going on because I'm planning on getting a bigger sd card soon and I thought I would wait and see if I have the problem with the new card. Still, if anyone knows what is going on I would certainly like to know...
    That does not sound normal at all? It should take maybe a few seconds or more to recog the card, not MINUTES!

I would suggest backking up you card to the PC and then complete formating the card and then re-copying all the data back to it via card reader etc. See if that fixes the problem...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I just bought a 650 (3 weeks ago) and have the same issue. Long delay in turning on because it's "looking" for the SD card. Thing is, sometimes it's found, sometimes not. If discovered it interrupts whatever app was on the screen to show the launcher page for the card. This is very frustrating, especially waiting ~30 seconds for the darn thing to come alive after pressing power button. Can't believe more users have not experienced this, I certainly didn't on my 600.
    re-formatted card too

btw, doesn't this belong in 650 Hardware?
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    btw, doesn't this belong in 650 Hardware?
    good point! <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8.    #8  
    I am starting to think it is a hardware flaw or software conflict. Any SD card I put in will have the delay and it is pretty random for how often it happens.
    same here, guess I'll be visiting the ol' Sprint Store!
    i have the same problem , i thought it was the phone, but took it to sprint they gave me a new one and it did it again so im guessing its the phone a bug or something
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    i have the same problem , i thought it was the phone, but took it to sprint they gave me a new one and it did it again so im guessing its the phone a bug or something
    Oh great, I had a feeling it may be a bug in the Palm OS or HW
    I had a similar problem. Sometimes (usually on receiving an SMS or phone call), my Treo 650 would reset. When it came back on, it would not recognzie the card right away, sometimes for 15 minutes or so. I was using an older 256 card (biggest available when I bought it) that had survived one dunked 650 (the card and my backups survived, the Treo didn't), so I assumed it was the card. I bought a new 1gb card (good excuse for that) and it did the same thing. I decided to reflash my unit, then manually reinstall all the apps. That fixed it.

That makes me wonder if this is a memory issue or something. It had been almost a year since I last "cleaned everything out".
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons
    I had a similar problem. Sometimes (usually on receiving an SMS or phone call), my Treo 650 would reset. When it came back on, it would not recognzie the card right away, sometimes for 15 minutes or so. I was using an older 256 card (biggest available when I bought it) that had survived one dunked 650 (the card and my backups survived, the Treo didn't), so I assumed it was the card. I bought a new 1gb card (good excuse for that) and it did the same thing. I decided to reflash my unit, then manually reinstall all the apps. That fixed it.

That makes me wonder if this is a memory issue or something. It had been almost a year since I last "cleaned everything out".
    is a "reflash" the same as a Hard Reset? If so, that didn't correct my problem.