1.    #1  
    Here's another newbie question. I've been using an m500 for years, but now I have a shiny new 650. My current plan is to set up the 650 with a different user name. How can I transfer my calendar and contact list over? (In the Plam 500 menu, both apps have the lock icon, which indicates they can't be beamed. And the actual data bases don't show up under beam.) I know, I know, use FileZ. Unfortunately, just today FileZ started crashing every time I would run it, with an error message about Invalid File Handle. I tried reinstalling FileZ, but no joy. Any other suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Go into the contact list, select menu, beam, by category, then select all. You cannot beam the application over to the 650 (nor would you want to), but you can beam all the contacts and calendar events over. This is how I moved over from my Tungsten T3.

Good idea to start fresh with a new userid. Make sure you install the "desktop" that comes on the 650 CD -- it will overwrite the existing desktop and put some new 650 conduits into place. Install all 3rd party software fresh onto the 650 -- do not install from a SD Card backup or from your old userid "backup" folder on the PC.

ENJOY!!

Cheers, Perry.
    Beaming is a PITA. If you want to create a new user profile, then importing your PIM is the best way...

Goto you your PD and "select all" from you contacts. Then select "export" from the file menu. This will export all your contacts as a *.aba db file on your computer. Then open the new profile you want to create and simply "import" (again via the file menu) the *aba file you just created. This will copy all your contacts to the new profile. You can do the same procedure for your datebook etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Gaurav and Perry. Very helpful info. (Just a footnote on beaming category: In the m500, this is possible for the address book but not for the datebook.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummer
    Thanks Gaurav and Perry. Very helpful info. (Just a footnote on beaming category: In the m500, this is possible for the address book but not for the datebook.)
    Thanks Gaurav and Drummer! I learn new stuff here everyday!

Cheers, Perry.
    Dang. I should have seen this thread earlier before I format my Treo 650 coz I installed some application and keep on resetting. Now I have to punch in all my contact list. Suck.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb