Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anybody download and pay the $2.99 a month for the program, any good?
    A better solution would be Chatter + emailtreo.com email address (6 months free, then $2/month) and forward your Yahoo mail to the emailtreo.com account.

Marc
    That wasn't his question. Viking, I use the same product with a different email account and it works pretty much as advertised. Do they require a yearly commitment? It might be worth giving it a shot for a month...
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Anybody download and pay the $2.99 a month for the program, any good?
    Why pay ~$36/yr for that service when you can just get the pop3 access for $2o bucks and then use any email clien like versamail, chatter, snapper etc to check your yahoo mail? It seems to me that service is targeted more towards feature phone that do not supported dedicated email clients unlike smartphone like the Treo etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The push functionality could be useful for some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Agreed, but he could get a free Fastmail or similar account with the same functionality, without the monthly fee.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Agreed, but he could get a free Fastmail or similar account with the same functionality, without the monthly fee.
    At that point I think the simplicity factor might start to enter the picture. There is something to be said (and paid) for an out-of-the-box working solution. Not for most people here (we're tinkerers) but for some.
    True.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I tried it. It is basically and OEM'd version of Seven. I believe the push functionality is SMS Triggered. Not a big fan of the Seven Interface design here.

I wish there were more options on the consumer side for push email or maybe interfacing with some opensource groupware alternatives (Hula or OpenGroupware). I would be all over that. Run Apache on a Linksys NSLU2 with one of those packages...cheap way to go. $90 for the appliance, Freesoftware and DDNS... Somone please answer my prayers....
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Why pay ~$36/yr for that service when you can just get the pop3 access for $2o bucks and then use any email clien like versamail, chatter, snapper etc to check your yahoo mail? It seems to me that service is targeted more towards feature phone that do not supported dedicated email clients unlike smartphone like the Treo etc...
    I do have the $20 Yahoo Mail Plus you speak of and POP3 acccess, problem is when you go to check you e-mail with say versamail ....It sends ALL your E-mails, doesn't matter if they were read or not...It attempted to send me 2,132 E-mails. I would just like the NEW unread ones.

Yahoo also has an SMS delivery option but I only have 100 SMS's a month, which I am not messing with as I pay only $5 a month for UNL. data and these 100 SMS's. You would think for the $20 a year for Yahoo mail plus it would throw this in. There is no long term commitment so maybe I will try it.
    I do have the $20 Yahoo Mail Plus you speak of and POP3 acccess, problem is when you go to check you e-mail with say versamail ....It sends ALL your E-mails, doesn't matter if they were read or not...It attempted to send me 2,132 E-mails. I would just like the NEW unread ones.

Yahoo also has an SMS delivery option but I only have 100 SMS's a month, which I am not messing with as I pay only $5 a month for UNL. data and these 100 SMS's. You would think for the $20 a year for Yahoo mail plus it would throw this in. There is no long term commitment so maybe I will try it.
    If you don't like the sprint program, there are a number of email programs for the treo that won't screw up as much as the included program. Try Chatter or Snappermail as both include free trials.
    I tried the Yahoo program when it first came out, but I could never get it to work properly (the sms wouldn't trigger a pop fetch), so I ditched it. I've since moved on to one of the other solutions talked about above; I currently pay for pop access for $20 a year, forward my yahoo mail to a free AIM imap account, and use chatter to manage my AIM account. This achieves true push email (not the pseudo-push of the yahoo program) and still allows me to keep and use the yahoo domain for incoming and outgoing mail (I modified the smtp settings to send through yahoo).

I would say: try the yahoo program if you like, but there is a chance it won't work; even if it works as advertised, there are more elegant solutions that can give you a higher level of functionality for a slightly higher price.

-R
    Has anyone figured out away to push wap bap bam netscape yet?
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.

I thought I answered this problem for you in another thread. If it was someone else, I apologize. To avoid your assertion that VersaMail will try and download ALL of your emails each time...simply setup VersaMail to ONLY download emails for the previous day. Works like a charm and makes the $20 a year a true bargain.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDave
    I thought I answered this problem for you in another thread. If it was someone else, I apologize. To avoid your assertion that VersaMail will try and download ALL of your emails each time...simply setup VersaMail to ONLY download emails for the previous day. Works like a charm and makes the $20 a year a true bargain.
    Yes Thank you this will work just fine...set it to 1 day and it's nice that you can auto sync between the hours of say 8-5 M-F every 1 hour. Thanks...Yes It was me I didn't fully understand at first, but I got it now.
    Yes Thank you this will work just fine...set it to 1 day and it's nice that you can auto sync between the hours of say 8-5 M-F every 1 hour. Thanks...Yes It was me I didn't fully understand at first, but I got it now.
    Glad I could help you...that's what I like so much about TC.
    *shrugs* I like the yahoo mail program. works like a charm for me when it pushes
    Vikingjunior-

I have a related yahoo/sprint/versamail question for you. I've gotten Versamail to cooperate in d'ling my messages well, but after 2 + hours of forum and help screen reading, I still can't get it to send from my Sprint Treo 650. (I also have the $20/yr Yahoo acct) Have you had any luck? Or anyone else for that matter?

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts

I had the same dilemma. I finally ended up getting a new gmail account for my treo and query it via verimail. I also can check gmail from my yahoo account if I need to.
    What SMTP server are you using? You should have it configured to require your username and password when sending (you don't have to type it in every time, just in the prefs).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast