1.    #1  
    I finally took the plunge and got myself a 650. I'm now trying to figure out what the indicator light indicates. For example, right now it is flashing green. The sum total of the manual's explanation is:
    "Indicator Light provides status information for your Sprint PCS Vision Device treo 650 based on the color of the light and the blink state." [This is on page 28.]
    Maybe I'm dense, but I find this singularly uninformative. Can anyone out there help a newbie?
    Thanks.
    The blinking green light tells you are in network coverage to make phone calls. When it turns amber, you are either out of coverage and/or low battery status.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    steady green, when plugged in means fully charged.

btw, on Sprint, apparently you can turn off the flashing green "when in coverage" indicator. On my GSM treo, I use LEDOff to do this.
    steady red means it's charging but not fully charged yet

steady orange means you have a voicemail waiting
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    steady red means it's charging but not fully charged yet

steady orange means you have a voicemail waiting
    i have steady orange for vm waiting also, but i use butler for this. are u saying that your treo does this out of the box?
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    At least on Sprint it does.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Not on Cingular..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Isn't that "special" (think SNL)
    Could it be...hmm...Satan??!?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    lol. SNL was funny back in the day
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Isn't that "special" (think SNL)
    pronounced thspecial....
  12.    #12  
    Thanks a lot guys. TreoCentral is like a free service contract.
    Is there any third party software that will allow me to change the LED light settings (so I can turn it off or something like that)?
    Oh, while your at it, is there any other cool freeware for the treo?
    Do a search for freeware. You won't be dissapointed.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright