1.    #1  
    Can somebody explain paying for applications and why the prices are different on different sites. Ex. I downloaded a free trial of Butler OTA and now I want to pay for it and it's telling me to go to palmgear.com which is charging $19.95 but like here on TC it's only $14.95. All these sites seem to have the same apps but at different prices. Also I don't want to start an account with 10 different sites, is there ONE site that has it all and fair on pricing?
    Palmgear has Butler for $10.95, not $19.95.

Most places have the same prices, best bet is to go to the developers site....at worst you'll pay same price as other sites but they get more of that money.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  3. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Sometimes it differs because certain sites take more commission from the developer, forcing them to charge higher prices so that they still get a decent profit. Palmgear has a lot of stuff, but lately I've noticed very major apps are no longer sold there (can't think of which ones ATM), or are updated there way after they're released elsewhere. I have memberships at Palmgear and Handango, and that seems to cover most apps. I also buy direct from the developer when possible.
    I sometimes search around for coupons available for Palmgear or Handango, and save a few bucks. Otherwise, I try to buy from the developer, but many handle all purchases through Palmgear or Handango anyway.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  5.    #5  
    Thank you all I did get the Butler for the $10 price and will take your suggestions..