I have a brand new Scala 500 that worked just fine out of the box with my Treo 650 Sprint firmware version 1.08. After reading some threads about the redial issue, many people said that updating the phone to version 1.12 would help in this regard, so I did. No problems with anything else after the update except that the Scala no longer works.

If I hold the press or hold the outside button, the treo makes a beeping sound and briefly shows the "connection in progress" window on the phone. It goes away very quickly and the scala does the same beep in the earphone that it does when a call gets hanged up. In the bluetooth setup, it does not see it when you search in the Hands Free Setup. You can see it and delete it under trusted devices. You can also add it again via trusted devices, passkey and all. When you look at the details of the device, it should the following:

Type: unknown

This is clearly where my problem is, the Treo can see and talk to the Scala but doesn't know that it's a hands-free device. Is there any way to force the Treo into thinking that the scala is a hands free device?

I've tried a few of the obvious things like deleting and adding the device, power cycling the Scala, soft reset of the Treo etc. But now I'm stuck...

Thanks in advance for any help...