Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    OK...just to start...I STFA for an hour and I am stumped...

Bought a new SanDisk 2Gb SD card... Right off the bat, things were going bad.

The T650 can't read the car..actually it is intermittant... The card, if removed and reinstalled can be read...then if I attempt to perform any functions such as backup, or sync to the card, the 650 resets and the card is no longer found.

If I try to format it with the 650, the format fails, the 650 resets, and then no card is found.

If I try to format on my desktop, with FAT file system, the format fails...

I was able to access it from my desktop but now that the desktop format fails, I get an error that the card is not formatted...

Just when everything was going right...I had to change something. Am I F'd?
    ==== edited ====
    I formated the card successfully using a Windows prompt and
    FORMAT F: /V:MYCARD /FS:FAT /X

Inserted the card and Card Info shows the card and 1.8Gb Free with a device ID number...

Once I try to write to the card it crashes...

If I exit Card Info, and re-enter..."No Card Inserted".
    ==== edited ====
    Thought I made progress... Sandisk site recommends a Repair process which went successfully (doesn't give you a repair log...just a "went successfully" message). I was able to get BackupMan to backup to the card, but then it goes AWOL again.

Seems to be an ellusive error... sad to say, it was an ebay purchase.
    Last edited by MikeM; 12/14/2005 at 05:13 PM.
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    Sounds like you got a bad card. Which SanDisk card do you have? The blue one or one of the high-speed ones? I have heard that the high speed ones dont play nicely with the 650 and it can't take advantage of the speed anyway. I have the 2GB blue one and it works great - never had to format it - worked perfectly right out of the box.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    Sounds like you got a bad card. Which SanDisk card do you have? The blue one or one of the high-speed ones? I have heard that the high speed ones dont play nicely with the 650 and it can't take advantage of the speed anyway. I have the 2GB blue one and it works great - never had to format it - worked perfectly right out of the box.
    It is the blue one...same as my trusty 512Mb.
    Technology Rules!
    I just bought a black 2 GB Sandisk card and it works very well with the Treo. I have definitely noticed a speed increase with things like PowerRun as it moves apps back and forth between RAM and the card.

The only problem I encountered was that the card took an inordinately long time to unmount from my computer, and at first when I removed the card reader too soon from the USB port I had all kinds of file/directory corruption that manifested with ChatterEmail (although other applications seemed to work fine.) When I recopied all the files to the card, and allowed it enough time to unmount from the computer, everything worked fine.

Don
    I have a SanDisk UltraII 2 gig card. I had lots of problems with it at first and even got an RMA number to return it. It seemed I could get it to work in my built-in laptop card reader or in my treo, but not both. It was reformatted multiple times. Eventually, I figured out that the card reader could not handle the capacity of the card and was not formatting it correctly. Now I keep it in the treo and use Card Export to connect the card to the laptop. I have had no trouble since. I don't know if your problem is the card reader but you might try Card Export before you give up on it. I'm glad I stuck with it. I like the extra capacity. You can find Card Export here.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle92
    I don't know if your problem is the card reader but you might try Card Export before you give up on it. I'm glad I stuck with it. I like the extra capacity. You can find Card Export here.
    I'll give it a try tonight... However, I already tried formatting in my desktop at work using a USB card reader and my desktop at home using in internal multi-card reader...same result.

It does work in my Nikon Coolpix 7900...not nearly as fast as my 1GB Ultra II (this one is just the regular blue SD card.

I'll report back on this....thanks.
    Technology Rules!
    <moved>

Yeah, I also recall reading that the Treo does not support the latest Ultra III's I think? Not sure...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    <moved>

Yeah, I also recall reading that the Treo does not support the latest Ultra III's I think? Not sure...
    Thank you for moving this....I realized after the fact that I might have gotten more help in the Accessories forum.

This is a plane jane Sandisk SD...not one of the Ultra's... but thanks. I already returned it for a replacement.
    Technology Rules!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I had trouble with 2 defective cards from Sandisk...had to send them back for replacements.