Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seidio Unveils New 2 in 1 Headset Series compatible with Palm Treo 650 and Treo 700W. Seidio Incorporated unveils the New 2 in1 headset series, a family of integrated headsets that allows you to hold phone conversations and listen to music with a single accessory. The New 2 in1 headset Series, which will begin shipping immediately, marries the company’s knowledge and experience in integrated headsets. Seidio’s expertise has evolved dramatically since the first 2 in 1 headset was pioneered by Seidio in 2003 to provide the ultimate enhancement for your Treo Smartphone.

Offered in four different styles, earbuds, over the ear, 3.5 mm adaptor, and backphones, the New 2 in1 headset complements both your Treo 650 and Treo 700W. The family of New 2 in1 headsets will be available in two versions, standard and retractable, giving users the option to choose.

The New 2 in1 headset series is an enhanced version of the preceding 2 in 1 headset family. It provides superior and richer audio quality, more dynamic frequency response, and a new sleek appearance - complete with a more compact and less intrusive control box. You will easily hear and feel the difference from our previous 2 in 1 headsets. All models incorporate the following enhancements:

*Exceptional Sound Quality – this new version provides rich audio and superior clarity
    *High quality inline microphone
    *Multi-function control box - allows which users to adjust headset volume and one touch button convenience to answer/end phone calls.
    *Appearance - the earphones and control switch box are black with chrome highlights to complement your Treo.
    *Retractable capability - the cable can be extended to a desired length during usage and recoils back into the retractable compartment when desired (on retractable models only). This keeps the cable neat and unobtrusive.

Please contact jingzhang@seidio.com or visit our website at http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=229 for more information on this product.
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductI...arbuds_Ret.jpg
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 12/14/2005 at 11:24 AM.
    I just posted this in another thread. Thought I'd repost it here too.

-------

hi seidioseidio,

i do like the new design but have one suggestion. I have the orig 2-in-1 ADAPTOR. My biggest gripe with it is that the adaptor is separate from the contol box. why not integrate the 2? like most inline remotes, because the shrinked control box is defeated by having the big adapter dangling from it. I see you still kept it separate in your redesign. Any chance you'd integrate the adapter into the control box for a 3rd design of the 2-in-1 adapter in the near future?
    All,

Since I already have a couple seidio 2:1 headphones (both original and high-end), David sent me one of the new 2:1's to evaluate.

I'll post a more detailed comparison later, but with Christmas just around the corner I'll post a few quick comments

1) The sound quality is a nice improvement (better bass/treble) over the original/regular series (at the same price I believe) and it seems to be comparable to the sound quality of their original/high-end headphones (which I believe were $20 extra). I enjoyed working out yesterday with Pocket Tunes blaring some Tom Petty and they worked well for a Conference Call I was in yesterday afternoon (unfortunately my wife likes them also and stole them this morning for her SMT5600)

2) I like the new control box, it's about 1/2 the size of the earlier version which comes in handy if you like to run or workout (a lot less bouncing around and lighter weight..especially if you go with the non-retractable version)

3) They may have moved away from the shiny silver look that some people liked, but the black w/ subtle silver accents is more appealing to me and its probably less likely that somebody will swipe these when you arent looking (I'd rather they swipe the shiny silver ones, since these new ones sound better and are more functional)
    I agree with enynite, the actual 3.5mm headphone plug should be integrated with the control box.
    Where is the one in the picture on the TC homepage?
    I did not see that one on the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite
    I just posted this in another thread. Thought I'd repost it here too.

-------

hi seidioseidio,

i do like the new design but have one suggestion. I have the orig 2-in-1 ADAPTOR. My biggest gripe with it is that the adaptor is separate from the contol box. why not integrate the 2? like most inline remotes, because the shrinked control box is defeated by having the big adapter dangling from it. I see you still kept it separate in your redesign. Any chance you'd integrate the adapter into the control box for a 3rd design of the 2-in-1 adapter in the near future?

I agree with you 100% .......That would make for a perfect headset....when you say adapter you mean the retractable box right. My point is the inline mic, volume box should be intergrated with the retractable box as you have ONLY one box.
    Last edited by vikingjunior; 12/14/2005 at 05:54 PM.
    No. I think enynite is talking about the 3.5mm jack which is at the end of the adapter. That should be integrated into the control box. Also, the control box is the part that has the mic., volume control, and answer / hangup button.

Retractable versions of most things suck and the retracting feature breaks or stops working after awhile.
    are these headsets from seidio in stereo sound or mono? cuz i just bought some body glove hybrid headphones from best buy and theyre mono. if the seidio headphones are stereo, im just gonna return the headphones i have now. someone please respond asap because ive been going crazy with this mono issue
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus88
    are these headsets from seidio in stereo sound or mono? cuz i just bought some body glove hybrid headphones from best buy and theyre mono. if the seidio headphones are stereo, im just gonna return the headphones i have now. someone please respond asap because ive been going crazy with this mono issue
    Hi Marcus,

They are stereo.

David Chang
    Seidio
    yes...these are definetly stereo (with nice bass/treble response)
    All,

Here is my review of the new 2:1 Headset that I have been using for the last couple days. Let me know if you have questions

Sound Quality: I can definitely hear the improvement in sound quality over my original Seidio 2:1 headphones. More Bass & Treble and an overall more brilliant sound to it. When I compare them with the more original "Hi-End" Seidio 2:1's (that go for $50) I really can't tell the difference. I also used a 2.5mm-3.5mm convertor to compare to some sony earbud (non-hybrid) headphones and found them comparable. The new 2:1's where also a handsdown favorite over the 2:1's my wife got with her Audiovox SMT5600 Phone (I never should have showed her . I also found the voice and microphone very good for Phone calls. Overall, while I'm not an audiophile I do like to to listen to music and I give them a for sound quality

Styling: They look like basic earbud headsets and they are certainly less flashy looking then Seidio's original Silver Headsets but I really like the standard black with silver accents. Personnally, I dont want my headsets to make a fashion statement and as long as they work well I'm happy with the design (and I figure its less likely somebody will swipe my headphones since they dont stand out....unless you listen to them .

Control Box: One of the changes is the control box is about 1/2 the size of their original headsets (see the attached photos). The main benefit is if you use them while exercising it has less tendency to bounce around. Also, there are now openings for the microphone on both sides of this control box (so the mic doesnt get muffled against your shift if it flips the wrong way), and the volume control also pops through on both sides (so you can control from the left/right). In addition, there is a button that lets you answer and disconnect calls. If you are listening to music and a call comes in, the ringing will play through the headset and all you have to do is click the button on the control box to answer the call...when you are finished, just click it again to hang up and you are right back to music (and the Treo can stay in your pocket the whole time)

Microphone: So far, no complaints...everybody I've been on a call with says they can hear me fine. Also, as mentioned above the microphone opening is on both sides of the control box. The headset also comes with an alligator clip that you can use to clip the microphone on your shirt or collar.

Connector Plug: The connector is the standard 2.5mm that works in the treo and other phones. It's gold plated (for quality) and right angled for convenience.

Retractable Cable: You can order the new headsets with or without the retractble cable. The retractable version adds the conveniece of winding up most of the cables so you have less to carry and can customize the length, but it also adds some weight/bulk to the unit. It's really a personal choice. If you typically will use it while stationary, then you might enjoy the retractable cable, but if you will use it while running/exercising then I'd recommend the non-retractable version (less bulk to bounce around)

Overall Impression: I really like these..basic styling, but impressive sound for a small headset. The price seems right ($30-$35) for 2:1 headset that turns the Treo into a combo Treo-Pod/Treo-Phone . Since most people looking at these will be interested in a good sounding headset, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what you hear.

-Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hmmm...I recently bought the 2-in-1 adapter. Is it possible to exchange them for the newer version?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    so this headset is not the recently pre-announced sound isolating 2-in-1 headset. will that be available shortly?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanK
    so this headset is not the recently pre-announced sound isolating 2-in-1 headset. will that be available shortly?
    Hi Alank,

The new 2 in1 headset series we announced yesterday are the enhanced regular 2 in1 headsets. The sound isolating one is part of our new specialty 2 in 1 headset family. In addition to sound isolating one, more specialty 2 in1 headsets will be announced later.

The sound isolating one will be available very shortly. Defenite date will be set at later today.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Let's get those "fontopia style" sound isolationg ones out ASAP. I was compelled to buy right from the review, but was very disappointed at the lack of instant gratification.

I want it and I want it now!

Let's go Seidio!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteMom
    Let's get those "fontopia style" sound isolationg ones out ASAP. I was compelled to buy right from the review, but was very disappointed at the lack of instant gratification.

I want it and I want it now!

Let's go Seidio!
    Hi MiteMom,

OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will release it late today or tomorrow !!
    Stay Tuned for our anouncement.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Hey David,

any chance of integrating the 3.5mm adaptor into the control box for the 2-in-1 stereo adaptor as I suggested in my earlier post?
  18.    #18  
    Hey David,

any chance of integrating the 3.5mm adaptor into the control box for the 2-in-1 stereo adaptor as I suggested in my earlier post?
    Hi,

It is easy to integrate 3.5 mm adaptor into control box, it is a very high challenge to integrate 3.5 mm adaptor and retractable box into the control box. However, our product group is working on it.

David Chang
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi,

It is easy to integrate 3.5 mm adaptor into control box, it is a very high challenge to integrate 3.5 mm adaptor and retractable box into the control box. However, our product group is working on it.

David Chang

personally I am only interested in the standard version (no retractable box). Never have been a fan of the retractable cord for any product. Hope to see the integrated 3.5 mm adaptor version of the 2-in-1 stereo adaptor soon.

Thanks for taking suggestions on this forum seriously. very cool of you.
    personally I am only interested in the standard version (no retractable box). Never have been a fan of the retractable cord for any product. Hope to see the integrated 3.5 mm adaptor version of the 2-in-1 stereo adaptor soon.

Thanks for taking suggestions on this forum seriously. very cool of you.
    My feelings here exactly. If you can make the non-retractble version so that the 3.5mm adaptor is in the control box, that would be excellent!

Do it now and work on the retractable version later!

I just ordered one of the new 2-in-1 adapters today as I couldn't wait any longer to have a decent headset / headphone solution, but if you do release one with the 3.5mm adapter in the control box, I'd definitely buy that one as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast