Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    All,

I released a new version of VolumeCare today. This version fixes an instability found in releases of VolumeCare greater than 4.22 where resets could happen. Primarily the resets would happen on incoming SMS messages.

Version 5.01 fixes all known reset conditions that were caused by VolumeCare.

This new version also has many enhancements that focus on the beginning user and the advanced user.

The new version is available at this location: http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=16

If you are a registered VolumeCare user, this is a NO CHARGE upgrade.

Jeff
    support@GoTreoSoftware.com
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 12/14/2005 at 01:15 PM.
    Dear Jeff,
    first of all thanks a lot for your great job with your sw.......VC really helped all of us in beating volume issue with our Treos.

I tested version 5.01 and I found a noticeable distortion in voice quality, at least compared with 4.44 at the same volume level.
    I have Butler 3.30 that enable volume buttons to switch between newr and older apps, this interfers with VC 5.01 slowing down the action of increasing and reducing volume during a call. This does not happens with 4.44.

I went back to 4.44 that is rock solid for me and that never gave to me stability problems.

One (probably stupid!!) question: wich is the benefit of having the possibility of increasing/reducing the boots level during a call?

Thanks again for your contribution to our community.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Perhaps you should search for Jeffs set up advices - mine is not distorted after the update, and I compare with v4.30. Works just fine with the right settings...

(in short - vol to max, and boost to 30% as a start - than test, test, test....)
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Distortion is the result of having too much boost.
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    Perhaps you should search for Jeffs set up advices - mine is not distorted after the update, and I compare with v4.30. Works just fine with the right settings...

(in short - vol to max, and boost to 30% as a start - than test, test, test....)
    I always thought it was the other way around; and in fact if you reset to 'recommended values' it sets the volume to around 50% and boost to 90% or so.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    I tested version 5.01 and I found a noticeable distortion in voice quality, at least compared with 4.44 at the same volume level.
    I have Butler 3.30 that enable volume buttons to switch between newr and older apps, this interfers with VC 5.01 slowing down the action of increasing and reducing volume during a call. This does not happens with 4.44.
    Not sure what to say here. The code that controls volume did not change from 4.44 to 5.01. I think your experience may have something to do with tuning. Were you using the automatic mode or the advanced mode? If you were using Advanced mode, did you enable the volume key toggle and try to adjust the boost and the volume during a call to remove the distortion?

The conflict with Butler is a Butler problem and not a VolumeCare problem. There are 2 modes for Butler (switching and something else). Its only in the switching mode this conflict shows itself. But again this is a Butler issue really. Its my thought that Butler should not be doing anything with voluem keys when you have an active phone call!

I went back to 4.44 that is rock solid for me and that never gave to me stability problems.
    There were some problems in v4.44. The cache locking 4.44 was doing proved to cause problems with the phone subsystem.

One (probably stupid!!) question: wich is the benefit of having the possibility of increasing/reducing the boots level during a call?
    This gives you maximum control over your volume vs distortion levels during a call.

Thanks for your post!

Jeff
    What's the difference between VC 5.01 basic and pro?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave07731
    What's the difference between VC 5.01 basic and pro?
    Pro includes the Add-On component. So many people were confused about the purchase process, I created a separate product and re-labeled it. The Add-On is still available for those people that have VolumeCare but not the Add-On.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Not sure what to say here. The code that controls volume did not change from 4.44 to 5.01. I think your experience may have something to do with tuning. Were you using the automatic mode or the advanced mode? If you were using Advanced mode, did you enable the volume key toggle and try to adjust the boost and the volume during a call to remove the distortion?
    Ok Jeff, I'm trying 5.01 again tonight.

The conflict with Butler is a Butler problem and not a VolumeCare problem. There are 2 modes for Butler (switching and something else). Its only in the switching mode this conflict shows itself. But again this is a Butler issue really. Its my thought that Butler should not be doing anything with voluem keys when you have an active phone call!
    You are right, my point was that with 4.44 Butler didn't interfer with Phone both with VC enabled or disabled, with 5.01 it does. I'm not a developer but it seems to me that when VC 5.01 is enabled Butler "think" that what is running is not the Phone app. Does it make sense?

Thanks for answering to me.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Since I am a registered user do I need to re-register the software once I load it on my Treo or will my registration automatically be recognized?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    Since I am a registered user do I need to re-register the software once I load it on my Treo or will my registration automatically be recognized?
    There is no need to re-register or to re-purchase. The license key you have installed will automatically be reinstalled when you load this new version.

Jeff
    Anyone notice VolumeCare was updated?
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    Ok Jeff, I'm trying 5.01 again tonight.

You are right, my point was that with 4.44 Butler didn't interfer with Phone both with VC enabled or disabled, with 5.01 it does. I'm not a developer but it seems to me that when VC 5.01 is enabled Butler "think" that what is running is not the Phone app. Does it make sense?

Thanks for answering to me.
    I'm trying 5.01 with Butler 3.4

The volume rocker issue occurs using Butler's Volume buttons Scroll mode as well while in the phone app. I can't hold down the volume rocker up or down to increase the volume rapidly. If I disable it in Butler it works normally.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo

The volume rocker issue occurs using Butler's Volume buttons Scroll mode as well while in the phone app. I can't hold down the volume rocker up or down to increase the volume rapidly. If I disable it in Butler it works normally.
    Ditto here as well.
  15.    #15  

This really is a Butler Issue. Butler should not be doing anything with the Volume keys during a phone call. The primary purpose of these keys on the Treo is to control volume during a phone call.

Jeff
    This really is a Butler Issue. Butler should not be doing anything with the Volume keys during a phone call. The primary purpose of these keys on the Treo is to control volume during a phone call.

Jeff
    Jeff:

Any possibility that you could mention this to the developer of Butler?
    Perhaps with a little cooperation the two of you can figure out a work-around.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDave
    Jeff:

Any possibility that you could mention this to the developer of Butler?
    Perhaps with a little cooperation the two of you can figure out a work-around.
    It would do more if the Butler user community would ask for Butler to not interpret volume keys during active phone calls.

From my viewpoint there is nothing that needs to be done in VolumeCare since VC is using the volume keys in the manner they were intended to be used.

In no way am I trying to dodge the issue but I do believe this request is more appropriate if it comes from the Butler user community.

Jeff
    There is no need to re-register or to re-purchase. The license key you have installed will automatically be reinstalled when you load this new version.

Jeff
    I have had to re-register upon loading the new version. Matter of fact, I've had to do it when I loaded previous updates for VC. Any answers will be appreciated.

It also happens in switch mode. Without VC enabled (and with previous 4.x versions) Butler does not interfer and when you are in phone apps (also if you are not in a call) Butler auto disable its feature.

Sorry Jeff, but I think that the problem is caused by the new design of the VC volume windows that appears when VC 5.01 is enabled.
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Pro includes the Add-On component. So many people were confused about the purchase process, I created a separate product and re-labeled it. The Add-On is still available for those people that have VolumeCare but not the Add-On.

Jeff
    Great move Jeff!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast