Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Is anyone seeing resets while using the phone? The only message from #*377 is that a crash occurred while running Phone: Fatal Exception.

Seems to have started after I started using VC 5.01. It does not happen everytime, so it is difficult to be certain about the cause, and i have lots of other applications on my Treo650.

But, it has not happened since I disabled VC. And VC is one of the applications active (amongst others like Keycaps, uninstall manager etc).

I find VC beruy useful despite Cingular's ROM update. I'll re-enable it after a few days and see if the resets re-appear.
    So far VolumeCare version 5 has been extremely stable. Version 5.03 appears to perhaps be the best release of VolumeCare yet. Time will tell.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDave
    Thanks, Jeff, for working this out with the Butler developer.
    He just posted Butler verson 3.41 which appears to resolve the conflict, as far as I have been able to tell.

Kudos to both of you!!!
    Yup, Butler 3.41 works well with VC now. Glad you and Rob were able to make this happen. : )

Jeff,

What exactly did you fix with 5.03? I'm still using the official release but am curious with the current beta since you mentioned that its the best release so far.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Yup, Butler 3.41 works well with VC now. Glad you and Rob were able to make this happen. : )

Jeff,

What exactly did you fix with 5.03? I'm still using the official release but am curious with the current beta since you mentioned that its the best release so far.
    I fixed a one problem with application volume not being restored correctly and will be addressing the problem I think you reported some time ago about pTunes loosing its volume after a phone call.

Plus I have worked with the developer of CallFilter over the last few days and got some pointers form him on how to better protect VolumeCare from NVFS changes.

I also removed the 30 second startup wait condition and this may have an impact on how the phone system reacts to VolumeCare. This may have had an impact on network connection but that is just a wild guess at this point.

So that is the complete story and I need to amke a few more adjustments and you will probably see a v5.04 or v5.05 before I am realy to put out another official release. I am very anxious for those having the network connection issue to try this release.

Jeff
    Jeff,
    Toysoft just bit your product. I think it's called VolBoost. I hope NO ONE buys it!
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    Jeff,
    Toysoft just bit your product. I think it's called VolBoost. I hope NO ONE buys it!
    I apprecaite the heads up and your support for GoTreo Software! Here is the post that I used over at my other forum - MTDN.

"This developer choose to try to develop a very poor copy of VolumeCare. He has a track history of befriending people and then stealing their ideas and then attempt to profit from them.

I stand behind my products, my ethics, my company and my support 100%.

That is all I will say about this topic from this point forward."

Jeff
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123