Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I've noticed the same bulge. Doesn't seem to be as bad as the first week or so. Maybe the leather is becoming more pliable.

D
    something else to note...in lieu of the stitching that scratched under the screen on the old cases the new cases have a felt strip with leather glued to the top. well after a month the leather came unglued. I just reattached it with superglue but it doesn't look as good.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Are you talking about along the top where the ear piece and light would normally shine through? Interesting... I don't have the felt along the top of my case. I just have the normal stitching but it appears to have been "filed" down quite a bit before being shipped to me.

D
    no i'm refering to the thin strip under the screen just above the d pad. it's just leather glued on top of hard felt and if it hasn't come unglued yet....it willl
    A friend of mine just gave me this case. How can I tell if it's the old or new one? (will it or won't it scratch the 650?) Thanks.
    ask him when he bought it...if it was before Feb I wouldn't risk it. if you can see stitching under the thin leather strip that goes between the keyboard & screen you have an old one
    My friend got it from another friend: So, it's a bit difficult to determine when he got it (call's being placed now ).

However, I don't see any stitching where you mentioned. Please see attached picture. Safe to use? Thanks, Sabesh.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o
    ask him when he bought it...if it was before Feb I wouldn't risk it. if you can see stitching under the thin leather strip that goes between the keyboard & screen you have an old one
    Any updates? I'm interested in getting this case but am a little worried about what I've read in this thread.
    It's been four months since the problem was first discussed here. All shipping Leatherskin cases don't have scratching problems anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    It's been four months since the problem was first discussed here. All shipping Leatherskin cases don't have scratching problems anymore.
    THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!!!

I've had this case for about four months now and have found the following flaws:

1. It still scrapes off paint! Not under the screen anymore but up by the earpiece and under the antenna. I have 3 sizeable chips.
    2. The leather strip under the screen comes detached after about 6 weeks. I have supeglued it back on twice. it looks like crap.

I will be contacting Sena about this and will repost. DO NOT GET THE LEATHERSKIN CASE!!!!!
    Ummm... Ok. Just contact them then and tell them when you got it, that it still scratched your Treo even though they supposedly were shipping "fixed" leatherskins, and ask them to compensate you and / or send you a truly "fixed" leatherskin.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I can't complain. I still don't have any scratches and it's been a couple of months. (Then again, I don't ever take it out of my case)

D
    so the bottom line... should i get this case? or should i go for the palm one?
    I have been using it for a couple of months (no scratches) and I really like the Sena Combo Case. I would say "go for it".
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    I have had the Sena Combo for the 700P for about 10 days. No scratches and it is a real good fit. The feel is nice on the leather and looks good too.

The only design change I would make is to have the flap on the pouch cover more of the top of the phone, in case of rain.
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlissner
    I have had the Sena Combo for the 700P for about 10 days. No scratches and it is a real good fit. The feel is nice on the leather and looks good too.
    Been using the skin for about a month and so far so good!
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    It's worked great for me.

D
    Sorry guys but haven't been able to repost regarding the case. About a week after my last post the radio went out on my 700w so I was sent a replacement. My Leatherskin is still sitting in the drawer of my desk and will remain there. I'm glad other people have not had problems with it but I definitely did.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    wow, i have the same scratching. My phone is 1 & 1/2 years old and looks like crap. I have never taken it out of the case. I am gettnig a new 700p. i guess i am getting rid of this case.
    Anyone have any experience with this case from Sena? I saw all the other comments about the scratches other folks had with some of the Sena cases, was wondering if the scratches happened with this one too: http://store.everythingtreo.com/cont.../4-25--832.htm

Thanks,
    Rich
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast