Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    i wish i had read this thread. had this problem on my 650 but did not diagnoss. then put my 700W into my sena case during my trial period to "allow for return". Now I ahve the scratches and want to kill someone
    Ack.

Going to follow up with the guy I got the email from last week since I have not heard anything back after the initial reply I got.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    too bad, i really like the combo (leather skin case, and pouch case) guess i will buy the puch case and just get a regular skin case here at TC
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  4.    #24  
    hmmm...sena still has not responded to my email from over a week ago...no longer seems like the professional company with high quality products that I once thought it was.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I recently upgraded to a T650 from Cingular. I've been using the Sena case for about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks, with some, but very little damage. After reading this thread, I'm sending the case back. I will also print a copy of this thread and include it with the return. Not that my one little case will make much difference to a company that sells tens of thousands, but they will know this issue is beginning to cost them revenue.

I am sorry to hear about the damage to your Treos. I, for one, appreciate you sharing your experience.

Thanks again!

Mac
    Last edited by McTreo; 01/17/2006 at 12:21 PM.
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    I have emailed Sena already and directed them to this thread. I asked if this issue would be rectified for the 700w Leatherskin case. This is the reply I received:

We sell more than 10,000 cases for this style phone a day there are
    five documented accounts of phones scratching, an investigation is underway
    by Sena Cases to collect data, however future cases have been changed
    to offer a velvet lining that sinks the stitching below the velvet and
    prevent any possible scratching. Some of the devices reported as
    scratched are reconditioned phones. Sena has done extensive beta
    testing on Cingulair new not reconditioned devices, made from injected molded
    TREO bodies and no problems at all with any scratches to any of these
    devices. Our quality control is continuing to gather information and
    our design team started making design changes on future created cases to
    prevent any future problems, scratches.

Your business is very important to us and we would like to do our best
    to meet or exceed your expectations. Be assured that we value you as a customer and want you to know that our company will continually strive to manufacture only the finest quality products.

The best compliment Sena Cases can receive is for our customers to
    refer our products to family friends or others in the PDA Smart Phone
    community.

Have an excellent Day!

Rhonda Doncaster
    Customer Relations Division
    Sena Cases
    10,000 cases for this stlyle phone a day? thats over 3.5 million a year, LOL That would be a bit much since Palm only shipped 1 million in the second half of 2005.

English first language Rhonda not? Maybe email typing thing good at not...

In any CASE (sorry), I have had my Sena flip-case for over a year and its been through two treos. There are two small spots where the case may have rubbed off the paint, one on the side frame and one right over the "treo" where the magnet rubs up against the phone.

Although it seems like some of the Senas are causing this problem, the other culpret is the poor paint job on some treos. With my first one, the paint started comming off of the 5-way pad in the first month and just got worse.
    I agree with midmofan. I have used 3 different cases from Sena for my T600 and T650. I absoultely love these cases. After seeing this thread I have checked the cases and the Treos. T650's paint job is really poor compared to T600.

Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Although it seems like some of the Senas are causing this problem, the other culpret is the poor paint job on some treos. With my first one, the paint started comming off of the 5-way pad in the first month and just got worse.
    Just a quick update,

Received a replacement case for my 650 from Sena and am returning my old one for them to take a look at. The replacement case does not have seams across the piece of leather at the bottom of the screen like my original and the seams on either side of the screen seem smoother than those on my original. Happy to have a new case (thanks sena) but unfortunately the damage is already done.

They offered to exchange it since I offered to send it in to them to take a look at it. Wasn't actually expecting it so was pleasantly surprised.

"By replying to this e-mail, please provide us with your shipping information so that we can send you a pre-paid label, for the purpose of obtaining your case for product inspection/investigation.

This process is categorized as an exchange; we will send you a new case as replacement at the conclusion of the research period. You will receive a shipping e-mail when the replacement case is dispatched.

Sena Cases Quality Control Dept."

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Just a quick update,

Received a replacement case for my 650 from Sena and am returning my old one for them to take a look at. The replacement case does not have seams across the piece of leather at the bottom of the screen like my original and the seams on either side of the screen seem smoother than those on my original. Happy to have a new case (thanks sena) but unfortunately the damage is already done.
    So in your opinion, does the improved case fix the problem of scratching the Treo? I'm asking because I was considering buying this case until I read this thread. Also, if possible, could you provide pics of the new case?
    It looks like Sena has come out with the Leatherskin case for Treo 700w, shipping Mar. 9:

http://www.senacases.com/cart/home.php?cat=392

I think I'm going to order one as it seems they have made some improvements. I just really like the look of this case. Maybe I will order a cheapo pouch case to get me to Mar. 9.
    From the statement on that page about soft lining and special stitching and from scottymomo's new case, it looks like they resolved this issue for T650 and for T700w.

I am not surprised since I have always had good response from Sena.
    Well I must thankyou all for giving me this information, i ordered my sena leatherskin case for my 650 on the 3rd and right after i found this info out i sent an email to them describing what i was under the impression from sites like this one, and this is the reply i got.

Hello Mike,

It is true that some customers reported this problem. According the our
    investigation, this problem will happen very rarely. However, we acted
    proactively and made a design change to eliminate any possibility of its
    happening. All the Treo 650 cases ordered from our website after February 5
    will have this new design. They will ship in about 2 weeks.

You have purchased your case on February 3rd. Although the problem is
    unlikely, if you will feel more comfortable, we will exchange your case with
    the new design at no cost to you. Let us know and we can send you a pre-paid
    shipping label right away for the return of the case.

Regards,

Frank Oten
    Yeah, Sena CS isn't real receptive to criticism. I called a year or so ago about the beltclip being difficult to set the unit in securely on my ole 600. She told me the same thing "I was the only one!" That case also scratched my 600 around the screen but I figured it was me cuz I'm kinda rough on things. I got the same case last month for my 650 and I'm gonna try fingering some silicone caulk on the threads in that area to see if it doesn't smooth things out.
    Just my 2 cents. I loved my sena case for my iPaq 2210, but it too scratched my iPaq. Dust and dirt would stick under the thin smooth pieces running across the front. It was a good case. And I did do a fair amount of working outside. I'm interested in their new cases. We'll see how they pan out.

I just looked at the new Sena case, I must say it looks a quite nicer than my iPaq case. My iPaq case was very thin, thin enough to still allow syncing when placed on the cradle. This new 700w case looks like nice soft leather.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    My Sena rant: I paid for overnight shipping ($22) and a week later have yet to receive it. Grr.
    Have you contacted them? I sent in my defective, Treo scratching LeatherSkin the week before last and got the new version of the LeatherSkin a week later (last Thursday). They did mention that they were sending the new ones first to all who had contacted them about the scratching issue...
    Quote Originally Posted by minhaferzz
    So in your opinion, does the improved case fix the problem of scratching the Treo? I'm asking because I was considering buying this case until I read this thread. Also, if possible, could you provide pics of the new case?
    Yes, I think it does. Here are some pics. Of course, as I've said before, the damage is already done, but it was nice of them to send me a new case.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Also, the leather around the screen on the new LeatherSkin is alot more stiff.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast