1.    #1  
    I have a few questions that I'm afraid are a bit elementary, but I can't quite figure this out, so I figured I'd throw this out there. I installed the trial version of Agendus the other day, and feel like I must be missing something for a product that everyone raves about so much.

First - If I press the Calendar button on my Treo 650, I still get the stock Treo 650 calendar. When I click Contacts, I still see my stock Contact list. I expected Agendus to hijack this functionality with its own. In fact, the only time I see Agendus "working" is when I get a reminder event for a meeting or task. Of course, I can manually run Agendus from the Apps directory, but that doesn't seem right. Is there a way I can default Agendus to run in place of the stock Treo calendar and contacts? ...did I somehow fudge the installation?

Second - One of my huge pet peeves of the internal Treo 650 software is that it seems to make no differentiation between time zones on my meetings. For instance, I have my laptop set to one TZ all the time. I sync using the Outlook conduit in Hotsync from my laptop. What it *seems* like should happen is that when I travel to a different TZ (which I'm assuming my cell phone knows, since it auto-updates the time accordingly from the local cell tower), my calendar entries would be adjusted accordingly. But, with both the internal Treo software (as well as with Agendus, best I can determine) if a meeting is set to 11am, it doesn't matter what TZ I'm in -- my reminder comes at 11am local time.

Thoughts? Comments? Sarcastic remarks? Thanks!
    AGendus does not hijack the buttons on its own. You have to tell the Treo to change the button assignment. (In fact, if I remember correctly, that is part of the install routine, asking about the buttons.)
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Since #1 has been addressed above, you might check the Iambic forums on #2 (www.iambic.com). The lack of auto timezones is a known deficiancy within Agendus. Hopefully this change makes the next round of tweaks.
    The ability to know what is going on with Timezones is a known issue that so far continues to go on without being adressed. If you use exchange, the appointment will always be set to the timezone of the server, not your time zone. Making Agendus' calendar unuseable for anyone using exchange mail/calendar for Outlook.
    Jer 23:29
    To get your Agendus to be the default calendar here is what ya do... Go in to Agendus and then the menu button... options, preferences, launch&buttons, click on the first button and then click the check box, then there is a couple of drop down menus that you can choose the view when you hit the calendar button. Hope this helps....
    Time Zone support did not make it into v10. The 650 is the first device that was used with a Palm OS in widespread corporate roll out on an Outlook Exchange server. I wish it was on there as well.

If you are syncing to an OST file (resides on server only) then it's a problem. If you sync to a local Outlook PST file then it's a manual calculation for when you want the time set and when you want an alarm to go off.....which is the way it was before the Time Zone support.

It is a solid feature request that is being looked at for v11 but will not make it into any v10 point releases because of the necessary changes that are required.

I can tell you that it's in the Feature Request area for future versions. I do not know if it will make it though as that's for the programmers to decide. But there is enough requests for it at the Iambic forum that it is being heavily considered.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the informative response.

I'm actually not using Exchange at the moment -- I'm just using Outlook to download my e-mail from a POP server; thus, my PST file is stored locally.

I leave my laptop timezone always set on ET since that is the TZ in which I work. But, I was assuming Agendus would modify my appointments when it realized that while the appointment was set using ET, my phone was now in PT, MT, etc (actually, I figured the stock software in the Treo 650 would automatically do this, but it didn't, so I tried Agendus).

So, are you saying there's no way for Agendus, or any other calendar application to 'know' that while an appointment was created in one TZ, the phone now resides in another TZ, and automatically make that calculation?

Thanks.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by shepardm
    Thanks for the informative response.

I'm actually not using Exchange at the moment -- I'm just using Outlook to download my e-mail from a POP server; thus, my PST file is stored locally.

I leave my laptop timezone always set on ET since that is the TZ in which I work. But, I was assuming Agendus would modify my appointments when it realized that while the appointment was set using ET, my phone was now in PT, MT, etc (actually, I figured the stock software in the Treo 650 would automatically do this, but it didn't, so I tried Agendus).

So, are you saying there's no way for Agendus, or any other calendar application to 'know' that while an appointment was created in one TZ, the phone now resides in another TZ, and automatically make that calculation?

Thanks.
    Well, I did some additional research after writing the above post. I had already enabled the time zone support in the PalmOne desktop software, but I had NOT enabled the "New events use time zone" option from Calendar -> Options -> Preferences on my Treo. I had to delete all of my recurring appointments, and then resync using "Desktop overwrites Handheld", and now all of my appointment times are displayed correctly in the Treo Calendar program.

But, in Agendus, the incorrect time is still shown.. oh well, at least now I know I can use the internal calendar. Bummer, as I was starting to really like Agendus' format. Sounds like I'll have to check back after v11.

Thanks again to everyone for their help...
    Quote Originally Posted by shepardm
    Well, I did some additional research after writing the above post. I had already enabled the time zone support in the PalmOne desktop software, but I had NOT enabled the "New events use time zone" option from Calendar -> Options -> Preferences on my Treo. I had to delete all of my recurring appointments, and then resync using "Desktop overwrites Handheld", and now all of my appointment times are displayed correctly in the Treo Calendar program.

But, in Agendus, the incorrect time is still shown.. oh well, at least now I know I can use the internal calendar. Bummer, as I was starting to really like Agendus' format. Sounds like I'll have to check back after v11.

Thanks again to everyone for their help...

It may make v11 - but until the feature list is developed for v11 and confirmed by the soft ware engineers I don't know for certain. I can say that it is one of the most requested features - is to support time zones.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.