1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried these Sandisk Ultra II SD Plus cards in a Treo 650? These are the ones that fold in half and can be plugged directly into a USB port, eliminating the need for a card reader:

http://sandisk.com/Products/Catalog(...lus_Cards.aspx

They look a little thicker than normal SD cards. How is the fit in the Treo 650's SD card slot?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Has anyone tried these Sandisk Ultra II SD Plus cards in a Treo 650? These are the ones that fold in half and can be plugged directly into a USB port, eliminating the need for a card reader:

They look a little thicker than normal SD cards. How is the fit in the Treo 650's SD card slot?
    Here's your friendly "Search the forums" comment. It was only on the second page of topics
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I did do a search and didn't see that thread.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi

See my review on the front page of TC. The SanDisk Ultra II Plus USB cards are the exact same dimensions as a standard SD card. That's why there's an SD consortium and all SD cards have to be made to fit those standard dimensions. Just like all audio cassettes are the same dimensions, all CDs, all this that and the other thing for which there are standard specs. I don't know what gave you the idea it is any thicker than a normal SD card. It's not. It works absolutely fine in ANY device that takes SD cards, including the Treo 650, 700w, 600, and any other Palm, MP3 player, or camera that takes SD cards.

I recommend the new SanDisk cards (actually, they've been out since last Summer, but TC just started stocking them in the store, and just reduced the price a couple days ago, since SanDisk reduced the retail price..) .. they are a brilliant invention. ..

Harv

(not shilling for anyone)..
    Last edited by hrlaser; 02/11/2006 at 01:04 PM.
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    I have them. It seems that you have your answer already, but I just wanted to add to the choir. I think they're brilliant. I always have my Treo with me, so it basically means I can carry around files that I can move to any computer with a USB (basically any computer).
    I have one. It IS a little bit thicker than my other SD cards. But that's actually a good thing: it makes it extremely unlikely that it will ever pop out accidently.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    For the reasons mentioned here, I plan to make my next card one that possesses this capability. However, I already have a 1 gb card and would want 2 or maybe even a 4 gb card (assuming the next Treo supports that size.)
    Palm Personal => V => Vx (w/OmniSky) => m505 => Treo 300 => 600 => 650 (free of charge) => 700P (free of charge again!)
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Nobel Office Piece Prize should be awarded to the inventor of this little device.

Yes it worded wrong on purpose.
    The one I have is definitely thicker. I notice it more when I put it in the card reader on my printer, I have to kind of squeeze it in and work it back out. Regular SD cards fits fine. I guess its a YMMV type of thing .
    DJ
    I saw that one of the big three electronics places (Best Buy, CompUSA, Office Depot) had these lil gems for $69 with rebate. Find them quick!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre