Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I searched but could not find a similar thread. Suddenly whenevey I attempt to open documents my 650 resets. Any ideas on how to solve this issue would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I've had similarly buggy Docs to Go causing resets, but it's not predictable about what sort of behavior causes resets and what does not. Sorry I'm not much help.
    -- Josh
    PS Otherwise, I've never had the reset problems that others have described on the Treo 650.
    First, download the DataViz tool.

Install this by Hotsynching it to your Treo.

Then once it's on your device, run it.
    Click your Menu button on the upper right side of the treo and find "Advanced Options"
    Once there, click "Delete Preferences", "Delete Database", "Delete Temp Database"

Try those. If that doesn't work, use the Dataviz tool to also delete Documents to Go from your Treo (and also delete the Preferences, Database, and Temp Database).
    Then reinstall Docs to Go from your computer.

Good luck.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I had this issue, but it was just with "larger" spreadsheets.. 250k+ spreadsheets caused restarts.. Called Dataviz, they suggested upgrading to Docs to Go 8.. Shockingly, this seemed to fix my issues..

See here..
    I have had this problem. I deleted all the DTG work files (word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations). I then synced with my PC. All the files came back and the reset issue went away. This was a little quicker than removing the program. I think a work file got corrupted and caused the problem, but I'm just guessing.
    I had similar problems. make sure u have the latest version of docs to go installed on ur computer, I don't think the treo 600 version is comparible with the 650 version.
    Thanks to Mistercoffee1 His suggestion worked great for my reset problems.
    My Treo 650 kept resetting on word and documents but excel and powerpoint files worked. I tried the deleting and reinstalling, which would work one time then go back to reseting. After using Techtool and deleting like mistercoffee1 stated all worked fine
    Discussion moved from http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...834#post876834

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM
    I will update this when I get to work and can add a few more docs in an attempt to determine if it is the excel file I am trying to open or the application.

Suffice to say...with the initial install, v7.001(815) from the Sprint CD, before adding any additional apps or the Dataviz Tech tool, DtG worked ok. I ws able to open and view a few files I had installed as a test, but if I recall correctly I had trouble saving the file. DtG presented a message along the lines of "check info on the sync dialog on your PC".

I haven't tried to delete the saved preferences...I don't see that utility in Dataviz...

I just sent DtG to the card again...I see the icon for DtG and it still looks to be internal although Dataviz noted that the move was successful. There is a /Palm/Programs/DXTG on the card with a 0.1k file in it called CardIdentifier. DTTFonts is in the /Palm/Launcher folder

Other then that, I don't see any other DtG references... Using RescoExplorer to fiew card contents.

Once I found the Dataviz tool I did a complete transfer to the card. From there on it doesn't work. I believe I tried more then one document and in-fact, yesterday I sent another excel file to the sync dialog on my PC, which didn't sync to my Treo.

I did uninstall the first DtG version before reinstalling it. Again, I'll update this thread regarding whether the reset occurs with other documents, but given the second file failed to sync to the Treo, I am not sure where this will get me or what the failed sync means.

Where can I get v8.0010? That is a logical place to start...

I am ready for round 2 of questions... Thanks for the help!!

==========edited===========

I am stripping all DtG from Treo and desktop... $29 is not going to make or break my retirement but it isn't fiscally repsonsible since the app isn't working...maybe if i get it working properly....

I have PalmPDF which works fine, so unless there are stability improvements in v8 I will probably pass.

Interestingly...I have Dataviz v1.5 too... and the Advanced Options choice was not there last night, or this morning... It is now...

Not sure if it is worth uninstalling that too...

I will delete preferences, database, temp database then DtG, from both the desktop and handheld, and then reinstall....test, then move and test...
    I have read your posts but have 2 interviews and some daycares to check out. I'll be back.
    We could fix this through posts or IM on the PC if you want faster info.
    Before reinstalling make sure there all signs of documents to go is removed from the PC, then shut down and start up, disable and antivirus software before downloading a new installer.

On the hand held make sure none of these files are internal or on the card
    DGraphConverter
    DocsToGo
    Documents
    DSLib
    DSlideLib
    DTTFonts
    DXTGAttachmentPlugIn
    English_Am.lex
    GraphicsLibrary
    LexLib
    PDFToGo
    PicsToGo
    PP_P2P
    SheetToGo
    SheetView
    SlideshowFonts
    SlideshowToGo
    SmartChart
    SS_P2P
    WordToGo
    WordView
    WordToGoFonts
    WP_P2P
    Then reset.

Gotta go.
    how does this match up against Quick office?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Ok, this is what I've been seeing.. If I get a call and I'm in Docs to Go, DtG is screwed.. You *HAVE* to close the document you are in or DtG get foobared.. When I got a call today and answered it while I was working on a spreadsheet, I switched back to DtG and my phone reset.. All I have to do to crash DtG is switch apps.. When I try to go back to DtG it's dead.. Excuse me, but that just made my Treo worthless to me.. You won't see this with Pocket Office on the Treo 700w..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    We could fix this through posts or IM on the PC if you want faster info.
    Ok...thanks for the help thus far...

I removed DtG and all associated files (used RemoveIt). Uninstalled DtG Desktop. Restarted everything. Did a fresh install.

Tested DtG on the Treo...worked fine. Used Dataviz to move (tentatively) move DtG to SD card...tested...worked fine.

Cheers!!! Tem, I appreciate your help!
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    Yes !!

(In a couple of months, you no doubt will have the opportunity to pay it forward!)
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Sure, it works now.. But get a call while in DtG and it will get foobared again.. When I emailed them, they told me to go through the whole "DtG Twelve Step Program (tm)" to delete prefs etc.. I replied back:

Sure, I can do all these resets and deleting of preferences and stuff. I just wonder why. Why is it that Pocket Office doesn't have this issue? Why is it that I can not take a phone call while in Docs? Why is it that Docs crashes (ok, maybe not crashes so much as blows up like a nuclear bomb) if you do not happen to hit the little red door? Seems to me to be very poor programming. This is a HUGE software bug. Don't you think there is anything the programmers can do about this?
    I would LOVE to know why it is every time I have had to switch apps without closing the open document, that DtG gets screwed up.. This NEVER happened to me with Pocket Word or Excel on a PPC.. I bought my Treo because I wanted to simplify my life.. Stupid me.. Okokok.. Enough ranting I guess.. But I'm back on my Razr until I can get an acceptable answer from Dataviz..
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM
    Ok...thanks for the help thus far...

I removed DtG and all associated files (used RemoveIt). Uninstalled DtG Desktop. Restarted everything. Did a fresh install.

Tested DtG on the Treo...worked fine. Used Dataviz to move (tentatively) move DtG to SD card...tested...worked fine.

Cheers!!! Tem, I appreciate your help!
    Thats great. But we dont know what was corrupt or how the curruption occcured. It may come right back. I"ll cross my fingers for ya. If it comes back I have a list of Q's can get us to the cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by temna
    I would LOVE to know why it is every time I have had to switch apps without closing the open document, that DtG gets screwed up..
    Documents to go is a touchy app, your right. But it is possible to root out the bug. I had endless issues for about 3 months and went through heck with the developers and burnt up countless hours trouble shooting. In the end it was discovered that if I edited a document with Microsoftworks Docs to go would become unstable. After that was found I went the next 2 years (the rest of my time with palm) with ZERO issues.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    When I was in the the docs that caused the crash the last time, there was NO EDITING.. All I was doing was looking up someting in a spreadsheet.. Now, that shouldn't have caused a complete meltdown, should it?
    I dont know. My problem was that Documents to Go is not compatible with my Windows Home Edition Microsoft Works. I knew I should have gotten XP Pro with Microsoft Word.

N-E-Ways, If you follow supports recommendations I'm sure you could fix it. I about gave up and went with a different document program but I spent hours upon hours over a period of 2 or 3 months trouble shooting instead of hours looking for a second best program that may end up with the same problems.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I just wish the program was more robust and didn't require me to constantly fix something that should be taken care of by the program itself. It just reeks of poor programming to me. Poor or lazy, I'm not sure which. All I know is that is definately does not warrant any more of my money to their company until they can fix this issue.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast