1.    #1  
    ******* WARNING ***** WARNING *******

I've found out in PalmGear that CLOCKUPDA will destroy your Prism:

18-Dec-00 by Bill S
    This program just single-handedly DESTROYED MY NEW PRISM. I am not kidding, this is not a prank and I am not an amateur Palm user (owned three different PalmOS models not including this one and have been using these things for years). I installed an earlier version of DA Launcher and DID NOT activate it. When I tried to install the next version, it crashed my Prism. I tried to delete the offending file and it would not allow itself to be deleted. I now have a cycling, color-flashing crashing Prism that will not turn off that I now must return to Handspring for a replacement. Dangerous, unstable software like this should be REMOVED from PalmGear and I intend to send an email to them right now to that very effect. I didn't do anything to deserve a permanently ruined $450 PDA except try to run this garbage. DO NOT TRY THIS PRODUCT!!!

NOTE FROM PALMGEAR: THE DEVELPER HAS BEEN CONTACTED ABOUT THE PROBLEM BILL EXPERIENCED. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT ON A VISOR PRISM OR PLATINUM UNTIL THE DEVELOPER HAS ADDRESSED THIS ISSUE!!!!

Al
    Thanks for the info and sorry to here about your problem with CLOCKUPDA. I had a similar problem with my Prism and AIM. AOL’s Instant Messenger seriously crashed my prism to the point that I couldn’t delete the program or access anything else. Hard resetting it wouldn’t work and I couldn’t turn the prism off. The fix to getting your prism working is to open the Prism and disconnect the battery’s wire from the prism. The wire is a mini Molex wire that easily slides out of the prism’s board. Wait about 30 second after disconnecting the wire and then re-insert it back into the board. Your prism should restart to its default state and you will have to re-install all your applications and info. Good luck.

[Edited by Brooklyn on 12-18-2000 at 04:51 PM]
    Or maybe wait a few days for the battery to go dead.
  4. VM
    I have the latest version of clockupDA (1.02) on my prism and it seems to work fine. Just tested it again - speeds things up, no crash - wonder why..?