Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Everytime I hit the icon "Mail" on my Treo 650 it goes through a soft reboot! Anybody out there know why? Has anyone else had this happen to them before?

It's gotten to the point where I don't even touch it now. But I would sure like to have it working.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ron

By the way, I DO have ChatterEmail (right now on a trial basis). Could THIS be conflicting with it and causing it to reboot perhaps?
    It could be a bad installation of Chatter; what version are you using? If it IS a bad installation, I'd recommend a warm reset (reset with the stylus while holding the rocker-up key) and then hotsyncing the files again.

Marc
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Thanks for the come back.

I am running Version 1.1 of Chattermail and I actually HAD to do a HARD RESET on my Treo 650. I had, of course, everything backed up on a computer PLUS on a Memory Card, so that was not a problem.

AFTER, a HARD RESET, I got the same result. STILL, when I hit the "Mail" Icon on the Treo 650, it still goes through a soft reset EVERY TIME !

Ron
    wxman@flash.net
    Who is your carrier? It sounds like the VersaMail crash to me...

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=35711

Marc
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I download the VersaMail program last night, and it works fine. Strange thing about this is that when I downloaded it and Hotsynced it to my Treo 650, is when it crashed! THat's when I had to do a hard reset....

HOWEVER, VersaMail DID get into the PDA and it works fine! But, still, when I hit the "Mail" icon (not the "VersaMail" one), it still goes through a soft reset. Very annoying..... everything else works fine on the PDA.

I have Verizon for a Carrier.

Thanks for the response.

Ron