Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    oh.....gee thanx....didn't see that before
    Try Office Suite. I was having the same problem with DTG. Have not had a single crash since using Office Suite. It is well worth the price.
    The major DTG alternatives right now for PalmOS are QuickOFFIce and Mobisystems Office:

http://www.mobi-systems.com/product-info.asp?ID=184

http://www.quickoffice.com/

Mobioffice is really nice imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    thanx guys....i just have to save up my pennies now....it's a shame that D2G is so unstable....but hey, it was free too *sigh*
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade to DTG v8 or go with another product.

Is v8 any more stable than v7, or should I just go with mobisystems officesuite?
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  6.    #26  
    I didn't much like MobiSystems. I'd go with the lesser suggestion of Wordsmith. It's simple and it works.
    Also got tired of all the resets with D2G and switched to MobiSystems Office. Outstanding interface and well worth the investment. Not a single problem so far.
    Does anyone who is a Mac user have an alternative suggestion to DTG? Are there any Mac users out there who could speak to QuickOffice or OfficeSuite?

Thanks!
    <merged>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swilcox
    Does anyone who is a Mac user have an alternative suggestion to DTG? Are there any Mac users out there who could speak to QuickOffice or OfficeSuite?

Thanks!
    Thanks to this thread I have uninstalled DTG and am trying Mobisystems, which I like better so far. The lack of a Mac sync client bothered me a bit, even though I generally don't need the syncing ability that often. I did have an idea, though: Missing Sync has a feature called Folder Syncing, which keeps a folder on the SD card synced with a folder on the Mac. I have set this up with my docs folder on the Treo so it syncs the files to a subfolder in my Documents folder on the Mac.

It seems to work pretty well, and does basically the same thing but without the bloat of another app running during Hotsync. And you can throw any kind of files in the folder if you want, you don't have to separate them by app. Especially for those who already own Missing Sync, this is a great alternative.
    I installed Office Suite and it sent my 650 into the endless loop! i never got to even demo it....so i removed it....NNNNEEEEXXXTTT!!!
    I had some issues getting Office Suite loaded, but once done no more problems. I would maybe give it another shot. It really is the only other alternative if you want to work with native files.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Sorry to resurect this older thread, but I have been trying OfficeSuite and really like it. However, when I use my Palm universal wireless keyboard, the OfficeSuite can't keep up. When I type, the letters are a second or two behind my typing. When I hit the caps key, two or three letters are caps. I have emailed Mobi but no response. Anyone else have this trouble with OfficeSuite and a keyboard? Otherwise, I would like to use this app.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12