1.    #1  
    I've looked around a bit and haven't found the answer in other recent threads. Please accept my apologies if this has been asked a bunch and answered. Feel free to post a link to the answer so I can read it.

I've had a Verizon Treo 650 since they first came out, but I finally upgraded to a computer with Bluetooth. I tried to set up the phone to synch with the computer using Bluetooth. The computer recognizes the device, but it only offers headset service. A fellow member of my user group who works for a completely different division of a different part of Verizon told me that VZW sometimes disables Bluetooth synch as a security "feature." Per his suggestion, I called VZW tech support. Their second level guy denied that VZW blocks Bluetooth data synch, but they refused to answer because VZW will not support the feature. They gave me Palm's toll tech support line. Palm's auto attendant, after much holding and twirling, states that they provide no free tech support after 90 days, so they want an undisclosed amount that starts at $25. This fee is potentially so they can tell me that the service doesn't work, and thank you for your patronage. Palm's web site was difficult for me to navigate. I found lots of sales stuff, but no tech notes on getting Bluetooth synch to work.

Do any of you know how to get the VZW Treo 650 to Sync via Bluetooth?

TIA!

-- Newton convert
    I sync my VZW 650 all the time via Bluetooth, especially when I just want to sync address and calender in my iBook G4. I set my sync up through the 650 bluetooth wizard. Simple and easy took only a minute or so and synced right away without any trouble. The wizard is under "Setup Devices" in the bluetooth manager.