1.    #1  
    Got my Treo 650 and am happy. Have not had a wink of sleep since I got it yesterday AM
    I decided to try Zlauncher and downloaded their trial ver. I used to use the Pidirect II for file management in the past on my clie and sort of expected the same or better. Unfortunately, I am either too dumb or whatever
    Here is what is happening:
    I put in a new 1g SD card. created : palm/programs/ZLauncher/apps/ and started moving apps from the ram to it. Moves the stuff, but does not create a dir there but just dumps it in the card at the above path. And there is no shortcut in the main screen to launch the app from the card. What am i doing wrong?
    I know this could be very trivial and basic to you guys, but I need help. I did read the online user manual, but it was no help.
    Got a couple 'more Qs.
    Thanks.
    I just got zlauncher myself. I think you need to move the apps via zlauncher in order to move it ot the card and have it run from the SD card. zlauncher creates a shortcut and does all the work. Go to the file manager and select the app (slect group) and move it to your card. that should work, although i am still sort of reading the manual and getting the hang of things.
    To move an app to the card, just select the app with the 5-way or the stylus. Hold down the center button or stylus until a menu pops up. Choose "Move to card". You will get a screen showing you what will be moved and to confirm. Tap "OK" and Zlauncher will do the rest and create a shortcut denoted by the tiny arrow on the app icon.
    Zlauncher will store the apps in /PALM/Programs/Zlauncher/Apps.
    Zane
    Heh.. Read the manual . You're definately making it way too complicated. As said, let ZLauncher do the moving of files.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    until a menu pops up. Choose "Move to card". You will get a screen showing you what will be moved and to confirm. Tap "OK" and Zlauncher will do the rest and create a shortcut denoted by the tiny arrow on the app icon.
    Zane
    Dude, I do not ever get the pop up like they show in the manual:

All I am given is a pop up screen with a bunch of commads to choose from like select/deselect, move, cut paste etc. When I chose move from this list, I get a tree to choose from - PALM or card.
    No shortcut on palm screen. The application just vanishes. I can now again open file view and go to the card and select all these files, move 'em back to Palm and I can have the app back again.
    Is this becuse I am on a trial version? Anybody else have used the trial version and have similar issues?
    I even did a hard reset, (yes indeed), wiped out palm from the PC, and reinstalled the os with a few apps and the Zlauncher - same deal.
    Please help if you know how I can fix this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator

All I am given is a pop up screen with a bunch of commads to choose from like select/deselect, move, cut paste etc. When I chose move from this list, I get a tree to choose from - PALM or card.
    No shortcut on palm screen. The application just vanishes. I can now again open file view and go to the card and select all these files, move 'em back to Palm and I can have the app back again.
    Is this becuse I am on a trial version? Anybody else have used the trial version and have similar issues?
    I even did a hard reset, (yes indeed), wiped out palm from the PC, and reinstalled the os with a few apps and the Zlauncher - same deal.
    Please help if you know how I can fix this.
    Make sure you are in the main application launcher screen and not the file manager screen.
    Zane
    You are definitely making it way too difficult the way you're going.

If you see a popup showing commands like select/deselect, move, cut paste etc, you must be in the zLauncher File Manager part of the program, not the zLauncher main screen where (by default) you would see the same icons as on the Palm Launcher screen. That screen will say "File Manager" in the blue tab in the upper left corner. Select the OK button to get out of that and return to the Launcher part of the program.

Now select and hold an icon to get the popup menu and then select "Move to Card". From the next screen make sure Create Shortcut option is checked. zLauncher will take care of the rest and leave a shortcut icon behind on the Launcher screen. If you don't see a "Move to Card" option, your sd card is not inserted.
    Last edited by tomvb2000; 12/14/2005 at 12:21 PM. Reason: fat finger
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator

Hello from the SD Card category. Go into unfiled. Step into the light, Carolyn. The light is good.

If you don't see anything in there, in the menus select Refresh Applications, but I suspect you're just looking in the entirely wrong place.
    Hello Aviator,

Welcome to the group! Hope you're enjoying your new 650 (wich I had one =(, but that's a different story).

I don't know where you transferred what you've done so far--you might want to just start over. Anyway, like the others said, don't go into the file manager. Just go to the ZLauncher main screen, tap and hold an app and you should get a popup that says "Move to Card" as one of the options. If you do this, it will move the app and all of it's prefs to the path mentioned above under it's own folder. Example: the moving the BigClock app would create a folder at /PALM/Programs/Zlauncher/Apps/BigClock
  10.    #10  
    To all who replied: THANKS.
    yes, i was trying to move from the files screen. When i did the move from the main sceen, bingo.
    Thanks a ton! Might have few more Qs. but first to research: