1.    #1  
    How's tmobile's data plan? I see on the website tmobileweb for 5.99/mo, tzones for 4.99/mo, and unlimited internet for 50/mo. What's the deal with these differences? Also, does tmobile have access to edge networks, or is it all the slow as molasses gprs? has anyone had any problems with using the unlocked phone for tmobile? how does the treo work with the sim card/internal ram? if I put in my sim card from my current tmobile phone, then sync with my laptop, am I going to have a bunch of messed up and/or duplicated entries? thanks
    Lots of questions. All have been answered. Just search.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by drtadwinslow
    How's tmobile's data plan? I see on the website tmobileweb for 5.99/mo, tzones for 4.99/mo, and unlimited internet for 50/mo. What's the deal with these differences? Also, does tmobile have access to edge networks, or is it all the slow as molasses gprs? has anyone had any problems with using the unlocked phone for tmobile? how does the treo work with the sim card/internal ram? if I put in my sim card from my current tmobile phone, then sync with my laptop, am I going to have a bunch of messed up and/or duplicated entries? thanks
    get the unlimited, which is $20 if you have a voice plan of $30+.

edge is being rolled out slowly accross the country. nyc has it now.

i used my unlocked 650 on tmo.

huh?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I also use TMobile near NYC and sometime in NYC. No problem with it. I use the $20 unlimited internet. TMobile does not show the Edge indicator triangle, but speed is the same as Cingular which I also use.

As to sync, sounds like your treo is new, there should not be a lot of junk already there to duplicate. You can select "desktop overwrite palm" once. Then your treo got whatever is on your desktop for the first sync.
  5.    #5  
    I'm sorry - I've read the previous posts on this topic, but I still don't understand the differences between the $20 unlimited plan and the $6 tmobile web. Looks to me like the tmw is not limited in amt of data you can download - is it limited as to type of data or sites you can access?
    Try the $6.00 plan and confirm its unlimited before you do. I am paying for the T-Mobile VPN plan $20.00/mo and was getting better speed in NJ/NYC than with my Treo 600 (32kps on the 600 vs 68-72kps on the 650). I used to have T-Zones on my Motorola phone and had problems using it on the Treo 600 so I switched to what is still the cheapest legitimate data package out there. The wierd thing is I have been experimenting with what my SIM card calls T-Zones of late and find it to be stable and delivering 115kps! I am afraid to switch back because they will tell me it doesnt work or something. Also, some have reported problems getting their apps to work with the $6.00 plan I do not.
    Search on the proxy work around. I get full unlimited internet for 2.99 (old t-zones).
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    I too am getting unlimited and fully functional access from T-Zones at the moment, but had times where the $2.99 T-Zones could not deliver Email or much of anything else. Out of frustration I switched to T-Mobile VPN and it has never failed to deliver. I would switch back to T-Mobile Web, but the resultant savings (now, no more than $14.00/mo) would be lost on one day of wasted time if T-Zones were to turn up restricted on my phone. I beleive T-Mobile intends for T-Zones to service WAP sites and phone based data use. I also think they take steps to keep it from working for PDA (Treo) owners so as to reap the higher revenues from their $20.00/mo plans. Since at $20.00/mo they are anywhere from 2x to 3x cheaper than their competitors, the effort to squeeze the access out of T-Zones/T-Mobile Web at the risk of seeing it turned off or otherwise unavailable doesnt seem worth it at least to me. For now, I am paying the $20.00/mo, and getting better (read faster kps) service from the T-Mobile Web/T-Zones profile on my SIM card and happy for it.

As for Proxy's, I have never entered any and just use what comes straight off the pre-programmed profiles on the SIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidk6235
    I too am getting unlimited and fully functional access from T-Zones at the moment, but had times where the $2.99 T-Zones could not deliver Email or much of anything else. Out of frustration I switched to T-Mobile VPN and it has never failed to deliver. I would switch back to T-Mobile Web, but the resultant savings (now, no more than $14.00/mo) would be lost on one day of wasted time if T-Zones were to turn up restricted on my phone. I beleive T-Mobile intends for T-Zones to service WAP sites and phone based data use. I also think they take steps to keep it from working for PDA (Treo) owners so as to reap the higher revenues from their $20.00/mo plans. Since at $20.00/mo they are anywhere from 2x to 3x cheaper than their competitors, the effort to squeeze the access out of T-Zones/T-Mobile Web at the risk of seeing it turned off or otherwise unavailable doesnt seem worth it at least to me. For now, I am paying the $20.00/mo, and getting better (read faster kps) service from the T-Mobile Web/T-Zones profile on my SIM card and happy for it.

As for Proxy's, I have never entered any and just use what comes straight off the pre-programmed profiles on the SIM.
    Well, if you aren't using the Proxy workaround, you arent getting the full unlimited internet for 2.99. I am perfectly happy with my internet connection with the workaround. Every so often I get a "proxy could not connect" error. I just hit refresh and it goes right through. No big deal. Email always has worked fine. In fact, getting unlimited data for $3 is the ONLY reason I am still with tmo. Coverage in NYC is fine, but in Westchester it s u c k s. Cingular data would end up costing me an extra $20/mo, but the coverage would be much much better. If Tmo would roam onto Cingular in Westchester it would be perfect, but sadly they won't.