Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    (I inaverdently posted this originally in the 650 Harware forum)

    I'm just setting up Treohelper for triggered-pull SMS to launch Versamail. The SMS comes through, and Versamail does, in fact, launch and pull down the email as intended -- but then the Treo immediately soft resets. Has anyone experienced and resolved this issue? Thanks in advance.
  2. #2  
    To what application does ERR (377) point?
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  3.    #3  
    Sorry, I don't know what you're talking about. Where do I access that error code?
  4. #4  
    From what I gather from your previous posts, yours is a Sprint model. If that's the case, launch the phone app, enter ##377 and tap Dial.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  5.    #5  
    Thanks. VersaMail is the application causing the fatal exception. Is there some configuration setting likely to generate the error?
  6. #6  
    What options have you selected in TreoHelper for this trigger? Does Versamail also reset after a manual or regular scheduled fetch?
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  7.    #7  
    Enable this SMS trigger: checked
    Trigger text: @
    Launch: Versamail
    Delay launch until asleep: unchecked
    Message tone: unchecked
    Vibrate: unchecked (I've also tried it checked)
    Delete: unchecked (also tried with checked)

    I have to assume Versamail is doing a scheduled fetch at some point, since a mail icon will sometimes appear in the Phone app screen, but I can't find the parameter in VM's Preferences or Account Setup.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70
    I have to assume Versamail is doing a scheduled fetch at some point, since a mail icon will sometimes appear in the Phone app screen, but I can't find the parameter in VM's Preferences or Account Setup.
    ...but it doesn't reset after doing a manual fetch, eh?
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  9.    #9  
    Never.
  10. #10  
    I'm at a loss. Try installing Resco Locker and locking TreoHelper; if that doesn't work, lock Versamail, too.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=91243
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  11.    #11  
    I'll give RL a shot. I'm also try experimenting with Snappermail, which I own but would have to upgrade for SSL support to access Gmail.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70
    I'll give RL a shot. I'm also try experimenting with Snappermail, which I own but would have to upgrade for SSL support to access Gmail.
    I will say that I have no such problem with SnapperMail Enterprise when using the TreoHelper trigger function.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  13.    #13  
    Versamail doesn't even show up in RescoLocker, though Snappermail and Treohelper do. I tried locking TH, but it made no difference.

    I tried doing triggered-pull SMS with Snapper, and that worked fine. Unfortunately, I had to change my HotSync ID slightly when I migrated back from a Samsung i500, so to register SM I can't just upgrade; I would have to pay full price for the Premier or Enterprise upgrade. But the main problem I have with SM is its foreground fetching, which is an Achilles' Heel I would've hoped Snapperfish had resolved by now.

    Since Gmail doesn't support IMAP so far, I've been avoiding Chatter, but under the circumstances I think I'll set up a trial version of Chatter and a guest account for Fastmail (for IMAP), and see how that works.

    I may also try backing up my current setup, hard restting the Treo, and just add Treohelper to see if a near-virgin system has the same issue with Versamail.
  14. dwman's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70
    Versamail doesn't even show up in RescoLocker, though Snappermail and Treohelper do. I tried locking TH, but it made no difference.

    I tried doing triggered-pull SMS with Snapper, and that worked fine. Unfortunately, I had to change my HotSync ID slightly when I migrated back from a Samsung i500, so to register SM I can't just upgrade; I would have to pay full price for the Premier or Enterprise upgrade. But the main problem I have with SM is its foreground fetching, which is an Achilles' Heel I would've hoped Snapperfish had resolved by now.

    Since Gmail doesn't support IMAP so far, I've been avoiding Chatter, but under the circumstances I think I'll set up a trial version of Chatter and a guest account for Fastmail (for IMAP), and see how that works.

    I may also try backing up my current setup, hard restting the Treo, and just add Treohelper to see if a near-virgin system has the same issue with Versamail.
    Just curious, how are you triggering your Gmail to your 650? I thought you had to forward your gmail acct to your phone in order for Treohelper to intercept the SMS. Where in the GMail settings do you forward to a mobile device?
  15. #15  
    "Ditto"
    Good question.
    Oh YEAH? Well just WHO sez I only have the attention span of...... oh LOOK... a pretty butterfly !!
  16. hofs1's Avatar
    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    #16  
    The author of treo helper said the versamail reset bug was a versamail thing and there was nothing he could do about it but this program still works great with latest snappermail.

Posting Permissions