Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    To ver 6.5.5.296 on the Treo and ver 6.5.5.189 on the PC.

Don't know all the changes, but I can now save attachments, which open in DTG (if of the right type).

I updated the Treo client first, and after the install and reset, it had to do a complete sync. My office PC was off-line at that time. Until I could get to my office and update my PC redirector, the Treo screen would come on every 1-2 minutes.

That has stopped (for now?). The real test will be when I get back home this evening.

I'll restore from backup if the "screen coming on" feature comes back. It was ANNOYING!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    The new features should be the same as those listed here , post #43:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=BCPE

When you say the screen is coming on do you mean it is lighting up unexpectedly? If so it sort of sounds like it may be doing this during a Push sync. To prove that go into your settings on the device and turn off the Push Setting if you see it happen again and then wait 30 minutes to see if that stops it. This is not a cure just a way to diagnose it.
  3.    #3  
    Help!! The Treo is still turning on every few minutes :-(

It started with this Xpressmail update. At the very least, I need to tell Seven/Cingular about this.

How do I either fix this or contact either Seven or Cingular about this?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGhost
    The new features should be the same as those listed here , post #43:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=BCPE

When you say the screen is coming on do you mean it is lighting up unexpectedly? If so it sort of sounds like it may be doing this during a Push sync. To prove that go into your settings on the device and turn off the Push Setting if you see it happen again and then wait 30 minutes to see if that stops it. This is not a cure just a way to diagnose it.
    It is lighting up but not necessarily when I have anything pushed to the Treo. In other words, on most of the "wake-up" episodes, nothing gets tramsmitted to or from my phone (that I'm aware of).

I have turned off the Push and scedules-sync (which was off to begin with), synced, and soft reset the Treo. Let's see if this fixes the problem.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  5.    #5  
    Disabling Push on the Client "seems" to have fixed the "wake-up" problem. Enabling scheduled sync has not caused the problem to reccur.

The odd thing is that when the Treo would wake up, it wasn't even exchanging any data with the server. I can tell because my Treo is right next to my Monitor and speakers, which shake and buzz whenever there is any radio traffic.

Again: Anyone know of how to contact tech support for this (preferably e-mail). I shudder to think of calling regular Cingular customer service (who are probably not even aware of what Xpressmail is !!).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  6.    #6  
    I seem to be the only Xpressmail user out here !!

Anuyway, is there a manual for the new version (even if from Sprint BCPE) that has the details of this new version? Thanks to MobileGhost for his link.. but that piques my interest read more about the features ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I seem to be the only Xpressmail user out here !!

Anuyway, is there a manual for the new version (even if from Sprint BCPE) that has the details of this new version? Thanks to MobileGhost for his link.. but that piques my interest read more about the features ...
    If you want to know about specific features I may be able to help since I am in the SEVEN Beta and have worked with them a while. The features you are now seeing are now public to talk about by virture of Sprint and Cingular being upgraded to those versions.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGhost
    If you want to know about specific features I may be able to help since I am in the SEVEN Beta and have worked with them a while. The features you are now seeing are now public to talk about by virture of Sprint and Cingular being upgraded to those versions.
    Could you please pass along the message that:

On Cingular phones with the latest ROM updates, enabling Push on the Treo 650 client makes the device wake-up from sleep (screen lights up) every few minutes.

I can provide them with my e-mail and phone # if they want to work with me to figure this one out.

I have been unable to dig up a way to contact Cingular or Seven about this.

On the features: In the Settings that are accessible from the Xpressmail web interface, what are "SMS Alerts" and "Links Folders"?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    It must be a conflict on your system (as is the case most of the time this starts occuring). I'm running the new version and it is not waking up my Treo

Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Could you please pass along the message that:

On Cingular phones with the latest ROM updates, enabling Push on the Treo 650 client makes the device wake-up from sleep (screen lights up) every few minutes.

I can provide them with my e-mail and phone # if they want to work with me to figure this one out.

I have been unable to dig up a way to contact Cingular or Seven about this.

On the features: In the Settings that are accessible from the Xpressmail web interface, what are "SMS Alerts" and "Links Folders"?
    Is there another method of updating the desktop client? (Successfully updated the Treo client).

I tried updating via the wizard, but it repeatedly failed. Is the software available to download? Already tried searching both the Cingular and Palm sites, but perhaps I missed something.

Thanks.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertone
    Is there another method of updating the desktop client? (Successfully updated the Treo client).

I tried updating via the wizard, but it repeatedly failed. Is the software available to download? Already tried searching both the Cingular and Palm sites, but perhaps I missed something.

Thanks.
    You can download it from https://xpressmail.cingular.com/ and install it by hotsync process
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by allonon
    It must be a conflict on your system (as is the case most of the time this starts occuring). I'm running the new version and it is not waking up my Treo
    Are you using the same ROM version as me?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Thanks so much for the URL. Unfortunately, I'm a personal Xpressmail user and the login page asks for an Enterprise ID.

Is this page only for Enterprise users? I don't have an Enterprise ID (tried entering my phone number there).
  14.    #14  
    Sorry. Try this direct link

http://xpressmail.cingular.com/downl...XpressMail.prc

Do you use the web interface to Xpressmail PE?

http://xpressmailpe.cingular.com/
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    So, I figured out that my company blocks a number of URL's, including those that might connect to outside email systems. (this was also the reason I couldn't update the file via the software itself.)

Was finally able to connect using my personal PDAnet connection.

Thanks again for all the help.
    Another improvement that I noticed is XpressMail now have integrated the alert system for schedule (calendar) with Palm alert.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubu_basset
    Another improvement that I noticed is XpressMail now have integrated the alert system for schedule (calendar) with Palm alert.
    Yeah. Now items on my Outlook (at work) calendar, Palm Calendar (synced via Outlook conduit) and XpressMail Calendar all remind me of the same item at the same time!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  18.    #18  
    It may be a conflict with Volumecare. The problem goes away (even with Push enabled in XPressmail) if I disable VC 5.x and soft reset.

I have reported this to Jeff at

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=101862
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Sorry to ask such a basic question, but how do you turn off the "push" setting?
  20.    #20  
    On the Settings screen, select Schedule from the drop-down list in the top right corner of the screen.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast