1.    #1  
    Is there a better way to move movies/files to an SD card other than using HotSync?
    The best one IMHO is the Lexar JumpDrive Trio. It's a thumb drive that you slide your SD card into then you put it into your usb drive. Your computer should recognize it as a drive and then you just drag and drop the files.

Super fast and super easy!!
  3.    #3  
    Is there any type of software that will let me just move movies over, without having to bother HotSync'ing everything on my Treo?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Just use a usb sd card reader. It will come up as a removeable drive under windows and you can just drag your movies onto it.

Or, if you don't have one or don't wanna buy one. Go get Card Export from Softick. Lets your treo act like an sd card reader with the hotsync cable.
    Are you talking about moving them from/to your SD card or the Treo main memory? If from the card, there's a program called Card Export that does that (there's probably others too) but they're not as fast as the jump drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo
    The best one IMHO is the Lexar JumpDrive Trio. It's a thumb drive that you slide your SD card into then you put it into your usb drive. Your computer should recognize it as a drive and then you just drag and drop the files.

Super fast and super easy!!

Super fast is an UNDERSTATEMENT! I have a SanDisk MobileMate SD. No software, just insert it and drag and drop.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz
    Just use a usb sd card reader. It will come up as a removeable drive under windows and you can just drag your movies onto it.

Or, if you don't have one or don't wanna buy one. Go get Card Export from Softick. Lets your treo act like an sd card reader with the hotsync cable.
    Is Card Export a freeware or shareware app?
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    Shareware with a week or two trial period.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Shareware with a week or two trial period.
    Oh ok thanks.
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    Palm File Browser is freeware...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    But do you have to do any conversion of the movies before moving them to the SD card? What file formats can be played by the built in player and TCPMP? I tried dragging wmv files to the card and they would not play.