Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have noticed that more shows are available to play on the iPod video and was wondering (and knowing one of you would know) how you can watch these on the Treo 650?

Would really like ***** proof instructions if possible!

Right now I have no additional software for running video and am using pocket tunes for MP3's.

Thanks...muchly!
    Seek and yee shall find.
  3.    #3  
    Maybe I didn't word the search right...and the link you posted isn't working.

Will try more searching...
    What format are the iPod's videos in?I dunno if it's this easy, but there may be software out there that can convert them to avi or mpeg.

Then you can get tcpmp (it's free) and you can play your videos.
    As per http://www.apple.com/ipod/specs.html :
    "H.264 video: up to 768 Kbps, 320 x 240, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats MPEG-4 video: up to 2.5 mbps, 480 x 480, 30 frames per sec., Simple Profile with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats"

Apple's website is so wonderful :-)
    Dom
    Treo 650/Sprint PCS
    Marlton, NJ
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_meezers
    I have noticed that more shows are available to play on the iPod video and was wondering (and knowing one of you would know) how you can watch these on the Treo 650?

Would really like ***** proof instructions if possible!

Right now I have no additional software for running video and am using pocket tunes for MP3's.

Thanks...muchly!
    I am using TCPMP with the following plugins, and so far it has played everything i threw at it (including ipod videos)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    I am using TCPMP with the following plugins, and so far it has played everything i threw at it (including ipod videos)
    I have TCPMP installed, with all of the plugins, and only the opening screen picture will show, no video or sound at all, when I hit play for an Apple itunes tv show that I downloaded. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
    The same here. I am not able to play m4v file. Are you sure you are playing ipod videos and not just video converted to ipod format?
    What settings do you all use for TCPMP? My videos play, but they are very choppy. I have been downloading video podcasts from Itunes.
    i downloaded the program but when i went to open the file i downloaded i could only find it in my media section and watch it there. any ideas?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    iTunes videos have DRM in them. I don't think you're going to get them to play in tcpmp.

Free video 'podcasts' that have been generated in 'iPod' format (mpeg4, etc) and don't have DRM in them will play just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by tymerock
    The same here. I am not able to play m4v file. Are you sure you are playing ipod videos and not just video converted to ipod format?
    i think these are ipod videos

can someone tell me where to download one for testing?

forgive my ignorance but what exactly is m4v? i thought it was mpeg4 is there a difference?

Thanks for any help

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    You download them from Apple's website in Itunes, it's like $2 for an hour show, ie: Lost, Desperate Housewives, but as mentioned above, they have the DRM Protection so probably won't play. Not sure if they is a difference in m4v abd Mpeg4.
    Read here

http://www.corecodec.com/index.php?o...0&topic=2265.0

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    All my ipod videos will not play with TCPMP.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    "DRM's got the,, BEST of me" - Foreigner
    All my ipod videos will not play with TCPMP.
    do u have the avc plugin i have in post #6

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  18. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    do u have the avc plugin i have in post #6
    I do. Frank are you playing the free versions, or the mp4v?
    just some stuff i got from here and there nothing from itunes or apple though. is m4v the same as mpeg4 if somebody could shoot me something i would be happy to test it.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    no m4v is not the same as mpeg4. m4v is apples ipod video.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast