Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    MobiTV now offers a 1 year subscription for $45! Only thing is that it is offered via CD-ROM, but still!
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    $45 a year is much more reasonable..would still really like Pay as you go though, kinda like getting wireless access at a hot spot without a plan, costs more but if you're only using it briefly it's not that expensive....and why the CD ROM??
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I don't understand. How does the subscription work when it's via CD-ROM?
    I'm sure MobiTV will make a post shortly about how this all works. He/she seems to be pretty responsive.
    $3.75 a month is something that I could certainly get on board with. Unless they restric the already minimal channel offerings.
    Interesting that Handmark website only displays 4 months. Is it a typo?
    Palm Gear has a CD-Rom of MobiTV that includes a year's subscription for $45.95. That breaks down to $3.83 a month instead of $9.95 that I am paying now. Should I cancel and buy this CD? Is this too good to be true?
    Where can we purchase this CD?
    My question is why is a purchase of a CD required? The download is relatively small, and the service is subscription based/tied to the server. No need for CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    My question is why is a purchase of a CD required? The download is relatively small, and the service is subscription based/tied to the server. No need for CD.
    He's saying that they have a CD somewhere for sale that has the files in it AND when you purchase this CD you get a one year subscription to MobiTV.

Haven't you seen those CD's at say OfficeMax, OfficeDepot, Fry's, CompUSA, and Best Buy with Palm apps. on them?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    He's saying that they have a CD somewhere for sale that has the files in it AND when you purchase this CD you get a one year subscription to MobiTV.

Haven't you seen those CD's at say OfficeMax, OfficeDepot, Fry's, CompUSA, and Best Buy with Palm apps. on them?
    So is this a one-time only offer? What if I want to continue my subscription?
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    So is this a one-time only offer? What if I want to continue my subscription?
    I guess when you buy this, after your free one year subscription ends, you continue on a monthly basis with their normal monthly charge.

I dont' know though, you'll have to ask the OP.
    $45/year is definitely more reasonable than the current $10/month pricing. Like other posters, I'm confused by the CD-rom offering...
    I'm guessing they made it a CD so that you can buy it as a holliday present. It just looks better under your Christmas tree.

Al
    Call me a guinea pig........
    I bought it and I'm raring to fight if they say it's not for a year.
    Soooooo palmgear sends me the purchase confirmation which states 1 year, then handmark sends me a confirmation stating, in pertinent part, "this product is a 4 month subscription." I emailed them explaining I've got a purchase confirmation for a 1 year subscription, and that I'd be happy to forward a copy of that email to them.

We'll see..............
    Any PalmGear coupons?

Thanks,

Al
    Sounds like a miscommunication between Palmgear and Handmark. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  18.    #18  
    I had a feeling it was suspect that the CD for a year was only about $9 more than a 4 month subscription.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi

I fully understand what they're selling, and should I be walking the floor at any of those stores I wouldn't be surprised to see this CD.

But as I'm browsing the internet, looking at a product that I've previously downloaded from the internet with no problems, am wondering why it's packaged as a CD and not available for download.

I do know that if it was available for download I would have already purchased it. As it's on CD, I'm a little less inclined simply due to my "want it now" mentality with software, especially for a Palm OS device.
    No way it's a 4 month subscription.

If so, then you would need three of these for a year. That would be $137.85 annually, or $11.49 monthly, for a product which normally costs $9.99 a month.

MobiTV was here telling us to look for annual pricing around Thanksgiving. I don't think he meant that it would be more expensive if you prepaid for it.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast