1.    #1  
    So my Treo (Cingular) has started to lock up almost every night, even with a full reset. I'm thinking its time the try a replacement. Whats the easiest way to get one? I really don't want to sit on the phone for 3 hours with either Cingular or Palm if it can be avoided.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoStallion
    So my Treo (Cingular) has started to lock up almost every night, even with a full reset. I'm thinking its time the try a replacement. Whats the easiest way to get one? I really don't want to sit on the phone for 3 hours with either Cingular or Palm if it can be avoided.

Thanks.
    I dunno, steal one?

If you don't want to go through either Cingular or Palm, I'm not really sure how else you want to go about getting a replacement.

If you have insurance, then it says in your policy what you need to do to get a replacement. If you don't, then you'll have to plead your case to your carrier.

If you don't want to do that, then your choices are eBay or theft.
    I'm back!
  3.    #3  
    Hehe.. Well I realize that I will have to go through most likely Palm. My question was if there was an easier way then just calling the main support line? Many of the people here have replaced their Treo 4 or 5 times. I was hoping to gain from their experience in the process.
    Hehe.. Well I realize that I will have to go through most likely Palm. My question was if there was an easier way then just calling the main support line? Many of the people here have replaced their Treo 4 or 5 times. I was hoping to gain from their experience in the process.
    First question, do you have some sort of insurance with Cingular? This is a serious question, I have Sprint and have insurance, but I guess some carriers don't offer that an an option. Your choices of what you can do will probably vary based upon that answer.

If you do have insurance, you will probably have to contact Cingular and/or your insurance provider and tell them you want a replacement. If you need to contact Cingular, your best bet may be going to a store if you don't want to waste a ton of time on the phone. If you don't need to contact Cingular and just need to contact your insurance company, that might not be that bad of a call, I can't imagine they're that busy.

If you don't have insurance, your best bet may still be to walk into a store and talk to them about it. I know this approach seems to work well with Sprint.
    I'm back!
  5.    #5  
    No I don't have insurance, Cingular doesnt offer it. I think I will try heading down to the local Cingular store today but I thought I read somewhere on here that Cingular is directing all warranty replacements to Palm?
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    No I don't have insurance, Cingular doesnt offer it. I think I will try heading down to the local Cingular store today but I thought I read somewhere on here that Cingular is directing all warranty replacements to Palm?
    I've been through quite a a few T650 replacements with Cingular lately. They have a whole department setup for warranty exchanges called "Cingular Express Repair". I believe you can reach them at this number: (877) 782-8870

You can also setup an "Express Repair" on Cingular's website. If you login to your account, there is a link towards the bottom on the initial "My Account" screen that says "Exchange Your Phone". If you follow the link, you will fill out a few questions and after selecting your desired shipping method, in a few days you'll receive a replacement device.

I've used the online process twice and have not encountered any problems.

Also, ALL Treo warranty exchanges are processed through Cingular NOT Palm. If you call Palm they will instruct you to contact Cingular.
    Do you have the loose SIM problem?

Or do you have some third party software corruption that a clean install would cure?

Cheers, Perry
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Do you have the loose SIM problem?

Or do you have some third party software corruption that a clean install would cure?

Cheers, Perry
    I don't think its the SIM, I've tried two and experienced the same problem. (Also have the new SIM holder from Palm.)

The issue I am having is the Treo not waking up after being inactive for a period of time. It usually happens overnight or when I am roaming in an area with questionable coverage. It has also happened with both all my software installed and with a clean Cingular ROM.

There are a few threads on this issue but none of them seem to have any definate resolution short of exchanging the device. I was able to put up with it until today, when I missed a really important call because my Treo overslept.
    Last edited by TreoStallion; 12/12/2005 at 12:34 PM.
    Not sure a clean install would help, but here it is if you want to give it a try:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=clean+install

(A clean install, also helps cure software corruptions.)

Cheers, Perry