Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Hello

I've just started to use Active sync and Exchange. It syncs fine - after deleting all other databases is seems to get confused of (like more than one calendar & contact database in Outlook...)

I have also done some searching in the TC forums, and others without beeing able to find an answer to my following Q:
    I quite often scedule future events when on the road, or away from my laptop, and the active sync functionality doesn't support the need of syncing all future events to my Treo.

The following is a cut and paste from the palmOne "Active sync admin guide":
    Calendar events and Exchange ActiveSync
    In a VersaMail account that uses Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, any new Calendar events on the server for the preceding seven days are downloaded to the device; any events older than seven days are removed from the device, although they remain on the server. The interval for synchronizing Calendar events is always seven days, even if a different interval is set on the device for synchronizing email messages. If the interval is less than 14 days, then 2 weeks of calendar data is removed; if the interval is more than 2 weeks, then one month of calendar data is removed.
    Is there a way to sync a few weeks of the calendar events from the past, and ALL future events? Is there a workaround or any advice how to deal with this?

Any help would be appreciated.
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    This seems to really cripple the functionality. I would think most anybody would need to plan more than 7 days out. I was going to setup ActiveSync through VersaMail but I guess I will wait till something better comes along. Maybe Chatter will consider doing calendar sync.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Versamail from POP3 acount and calendar using ordinary conduit works just fine.

But my company has decided to use Exchange, and than Active sync is the only method - as far as I know. And I must admit it is convenient to have all your contacts, tasks, and calendar avaliable on the web, not to mation avalability to share calendar with the switchboard.

...but 7 days ahead is to short for planning. With seven months I would be satisfied...
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Anyone know of a workaround - or an app to make it possible to sync ALL future appointments?
    JoranG
    It's been awhile since I used active sync with exchange 2003. I switched to IMAP and Chatter. But it seems to me that future calendar events were transferred just not ones older than 7 days. Like I said it's been quite awhile but that's how I remember it. I wouldn't have used it for more than a day if I could only see a week ahead.
    Must be a VersaMail setting because I just setup a PPC 6700 for my boss and it syncs all of his future calendar events. I was going to setup Versamail for myself but I need to plan more than 7 days in advance. I guess I'll hold out that Chatter will eventually do a calendar sync.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    I have figured out that future appointments actually is synced to my Treo.

However I have figured out that there seems to be a problem with the conduits, and repeting events has an error, and is removed from the database if you scan with dbScan - resulting in no future repeting events on server after the next sync...

Can live with this, but the one of the main points in Agendus (which I use for calendar) is to also have contact history on the device...

Summup - future events are synced to device, but dbscan removes repeting events and fu..ing it all up :|
    JoranG