1.    #1  
    My 650's screen is gonzo (I think). All phone operations seem functional. I text messaged to it, it vibrated. Called out okay, and incoming okay too.

BE CAREFUL. This happened in my truck! Dropped it on the friggin FLOORBOARD and this happened. Didnt hit metal, didnt step on it, anything. I guess if it lands wrong it could happen.

Anyhow, I was wondering if I could get some direction on a repair facility. Below is a picture of the screen....
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    anybody?
    Looks like the screen is cracked inside and the liquid in the LCD is seeping out under the digitizer.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Looks like the screen is cracked inside and the liquid in the LCD is seeping out under the digitizer.
    okay, what does that mean?? Can it be fixed or is the phone trashed?? Where to send it if it can be fixed?
    You'll have to send it to Palm to get it repaired or you can try going to a Sprint store to see if they can replace the LCD there.
    Either way it's probably going to cost. Do you have insurance?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Either way it's probably going to cost. Do you have insurance?
    no, but I am not eligible.
    Had a few issues with lakes last year on my PM8200.
  8.    #8  
    on a side note... and I cant find a specific thread on it...

I want to go ahead and back up ENTIRELY my phone before I send it off. Will a simple sync do this?? I would like my replacement to have everything back on there again...
    You may be able to hotsync everything over. In addition, you might also use Backup Pro (lite version...free). I *think* it backs up everything onto your sd card and then you can restore from there to your new treo (I have never had to restore from scratch on my 600...so I can't say for sure.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    You'll have to send it to Palm to get it repaired or you can try going to a Sprint store to see if they can replace the LCD there.
    Are you kidding me? That would be like going to Pep Boys for brain surgery. I doubt there is anybody at a retail outlet that is qualified to work inside of a treo.
    Why not? Someone in the stress crack thead got the whole front face replaced at a Sprint store.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott
    That would be like going to Pep Boys for brain surgery.

Went by the store last night and just missed the tech. He had to leave early or something. Anyhow another guy who seemed to know what he was talking about said the screen was certainly dead. Will find out tomorrow.... I sure HATE not knowing who is calling and having to have my IQue as a backup for all my numbers...